Chapter 24 - Where Gods Do Not Dwell

"Well that was rude...."

That was all Puck could say as he pulls himself out of the trench his body dug when he was thrown.

His ever present grin never left his face however.

In fact....

He was having the fucking time of his life!

Puck's pupils shrunk to the point where they almost disappeared from the darkness of his skull.

His body began to radiate a hellish black energy that began to alter the air and surrounding area as his insanity began to seep into reality.

~System Notification~

~Congratulations! The skills "Sanity's End" and "Black Energy" have been successfully fused!~

~The skill "Insanity's Aura" has been created!~

~Description: "Insanity isn't just a state of being.... It's a way of life!" This skill can only be used when sanity is below 10. While this skill is in effect, the status effect "insanity" can be spread to those around you randomly! Those under the effect of "insanity" will gradually lose health at 2% every 10 secs. Once those under the effect of "insanity" health falls under 10%, they will instantly fall into a comatose state! They will also take 2x damage from all sources!~

~This effect can happen randomly at any time and costs no mana, but be forewarned. For the nightmares of those under this effect will begin to leak into reality and be under the command of the user, but at a cost....~

~System Notification~

Puck wasn't paying attention to the system's notifications, his eyes focused solely on the white blur charging in his direction.

He fell into a sprinter's stance, his hands and feet beginning to splinter the ground for a moment before....

He blurred from existence.

Silence reigned in the spot he just stood for a moment.... before the ground promptly shattered.

A shockwave exploded from Puck's form as he promptly met Gascoigne, who was charging towards his location like a guided missile, halfway.

An explosion of force rocked from these two beasts as they clashed, forming a large crater in the ground.

They began to exchange blows that caused the ground to explode with dust and debris, sending pillars of dirt high into the air, piercing the clouds.

Gascoigne showed that, even in his new canid form that relied solely on his instincts, just why he was once the most feared on the entire continent.

While Puck showed that, while not in currently in control of his body, just why he was chosen as a hero candidate.

Their clash ripped apart the earth and showed an expertise of hand to hand combat that would make even demon's knees buckle in fear.

They seemed to appear and disappear as they glided over the ground in a flurry of blows, leaving only explosions of dirt and craters in their place.

But their clash didn't last long.

No....
_________________________

It didn't take long for Gascoigne, even in his canid state, to realize the gap that was slowly starting to form in their conditions.