Chapter 22 Bryson

She is gone. I went to her apartment with flowers, and she wasn't there. All her things were but she was gone. I don't know what I did to cause her to leave but I have to find her and figure it out. I decided to go see Angelica, her best friend, she would know where she went and if I did something. I quickly got in my car and went down to the coffee shop. It's been two days since I've heard from her and I'm starting to worry. The drive normally takes about 10 minutes, I get there in 5 minutes. I get out of my car, not even bothering to turn it off and go into the coffee shop. I see Angelica on her phone, it looks like she is stressed, I wonder if she is worried too.

I pull the seat out in front of her, "Do you know where Bianca is?" I asked her. She looks up and jumps a little bit.

"No, I thought you would've heard from her or that you were with her, and she just didn't have her phone." She said, biting her nails. I shook my head in a no. Now I'm worried. "I am going to go see her landlord and go check out her apartment." She said, she stands up and goes to walk out and I follow her.

"I'm going with you." She nods her. We climbed into my car, and I took her back to where I started. She goes and opens the door to her apartment and walks in. I hesitate before going into her personal space. I know I have been here before, but this is different, she isn't here to welcome in. She isn't here to smile at me, or blush.

I stand by the door with my hands fisted. I don't understand what's going on. What hasn't she told me? Is there something going on that I need to know about? She does seem a little skittish when she is out and about. I wonder what is going on. If something is wrong, why didn't she tell me? I wouldn't have judged her.

I have seen her scars, I know she didn't want to talk about them, so I never asked. After that one full night together, we spent it in each other's arms. That was the most amazing night of my life. Before I can go deep into our time together Angelica comes out of her room.

"She showed me this box once. She said that if anything happened to her to find it and open it. I feel bad that I had to go through her things, and I am pretty sure that she wasn't ready to share this with her. She has had a hard life; she will tell you more when she is ready. All I know is that her father might be after her." She says it all in one breath. I can see that she isn't going to tell me more. I just nod my head, I don't have time to question her about what she knows, I am more worried about finding the girl that has captured my heart and that has made me happier than I could ever imagine. I hope she knows that I am never going to stop seeing her. I'm in love with her. I go rigid at the thought of being in love. I have never been in love before. The way that she makes me feel... is indescribable.

She opens the box. I just watch her I don't want to touch it, it's her personal box. I stare at the wall, so I don't have to see what's in it. She can show me when I get her back. Angelica intakes a deep breath and lets out a sob. I want to look to see what she is holding, but I know I can't, I have to wait for her to do it. I can hear her flip through the box before she stops at a letter, it looks new, like something that she wrote recently.

She starts reading what looks like a letter, "Angelica, by the time you read this it means that I have either left or something happened to me. I need you to know that I wouldn't have left without saying anything to you. I would have also told Bryson where I was. But I know that I didn't leave, at least not on my own accord. My father has been looking for me. He knows that I know too much, and he won't stop. I wasn't supposed to stay. I was going to leave but then I met you, you became like a sister to me and my best friend. I have told you more than I have told anyone else. Bryson has started to mean to me more than I planned on. I wasn't planning to fall for him. I don't know what love is as I haven't felt that in to long. But I know that I have feelings for him. I need you to know that I didn't leave, and I need you to find me because I know for a fact, I won't make it out alive. With love, Bianca."

I watch as she folds the letter up and stands up. She wipes the tears off her face. "Her father has her and we need to find out were. She is in danger; more than we thought she would be in." She says and heads to the door to talk to the building manager. I pulled my phone out and called my best friend.

The phone only rings twice, "What do I owe the pleasure?" He spoke. I sigh.

"I need you to do a background check on Bianca and find whatever you can on her father and where he is." I speak. I know my tone isn't nice and there is no bullshit, but I am worried at this point. Angelica didn't tell me what's in the letter, but I know for a fact it isn't good if she said that it's her father and she is in danger.

"On it." He spoke. I hang up as soon as I hear that he is working on it. I go out of the apartment, but not before looking back at the box that is on her couch. I want to look and see what I am going against, but I know I can't. With one more deep breath I walk out the door and lock it behind me. I see Angelica coming down the stairs with a note in her hand.

"This was left for us with the manager, he said that he almost threw it away, but recognized my name. It says my father has me." She spoke, we headed back down to my car, and I took her to the one place that I had only had Bianca at, my house. As soon as I pulled up, I saw that my best friend Jacob Lawson is there. She follows me in, not saying much of anything.

We walk through the door, "I found something, you guys need to see this." He says it's a video of a gas station. I can't see much of what's going on, but I do see someone in the back seat.

"That's Bianca, and that's," He points at the other person, "is her father, he doesn't look like the nicest guy out there. I don't know what's going on, but it doesn't look like she is okay." He looked up at both of us.

"Long story, for another day. Do you know where they went?" I asked him. He shows us footage until there isn't anything else to see. The car looks like it went into a country road and no more cameras from there. I sigh and drag my hands through my hair.

"Wait, I think she told me about this place." I look up at Angelica, "This is where she used to go with her parents for camping trips, they have a cabin up there." We decide to just start driving there and see how far we can get and what we find out. I called a couple of my buddies. And we decided to meet them up there.