~10~

I waited until Mr Walters and Collin left before I sneakily tried to leave the house.Seeing how things ended it's highly possible that my dear dad is trying to set up another date with Mr Walters agreeing.

Of course he'd agree.The old fart has been kissing my dad's ass for the partnership that'll happen once I marry his son

If I ever do that.

Picking up my car keys and credit card,I slowly opened my door and looked down the hallway.Once I deemed the place clear I tiptoed through the hallway,pass my father's office and down the staircase.

Two more steps to getting out and avoiding that horrible conversation about that cursed marriage then the old man shows up.

Sometimes I think the universe really hates me

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Out?"

"What do you think of Mr Walters' son?"

Shit.

This is exactly what I was escaping from.

"He's..okay"

"You're going to marry him"

There it is.The famous 'no room for argument' tone.What he says is final and there is no objection to his rule.In the Quinn family,his word is law.

But not to me.

"I think the fuck not"

He glares at me with crimson eyes.

"I didn't ask if you wanted to marry him,I said you will marry him"He uses his alpha tone to snarl.If I wasn't a dominant omega,I'd be crumbling to the floor.For the first time in all my life I actually stood up to him.

"Did I stutter?No means NO."

Throughout my childhood,I was forced to do the things my father told me to.

Study business,I did that

Go to Harvard,I did that

Attend galas all for the sake of maintaining the picture perfect family in the eyes of the media,I did that.

I never had something I wanted to do for myself.I was the puppet and he was pulling the strings.The only people that made me be who I wanted to be was my nanny and my mother.Not once did I ever disobey him or say no.He had this inferiority complex mindset drilled into me.He was the boss,I was nothing.He owns me.

Until I turned 18

Legally I became my own person,but he didn't agree to that.I was still a child to him.

That's when he started having trouble controlling me.With Damien,he did it so easily.I barely flinched when he raised his hand or one of his whips to discipline me.Turns out the dominant genes awoke when I hit the legal age.

"You insolent lit—"

"Please don't start the whole 'I brought you to this world,roof under your head' speech.It's getting old"

To say he was angry is an understatement.If he was in one of those cartoons he'd have smoke coming out of his ears.

Since the conversation looked like it was over I held the door handle and opened it slightly, avoiding an incoming glass vase thrown at my head.

Oh yes,daddy dearest has a nasty habit of throwing things at your head when he gets mad or when things aren't going right.

I've got the marks to prove it

He acts like a spoiled child not getting the candy he asked for.

"If you get out that door,don't ever think of coming back"He snarls.With a threat like that,no one would ever proceed to open the door and walk out.

Much more sashay out the door with an overly dramatic hairflip.

I did exactly all that.

Before,those threats used to work on me.I'd be crazy scared to get kicked out because I had no friends or anyone I was close with.I always wanted to please my dad.If he's happy,I don't get beaten black and blue.

Explaining to my mom and nanny how I look like I lost an MMA fight is no easy task.You run out of ideas too fast.

It was somehow a win win situation for both of us.

"Thank you daddy for being the absolute asshole you are and I hope you suffer in silence"

"Don't come back!!"

"Whoever said I will!!"I banged the door and skipped down the stairs, breathing in the cool fresh air.

The guards looked at me like I was crazy,I mean raising your voice at Andre Quinn,THE Andre Quinn.Not to mention disrespecting him in front of his own workers,you must be crazy.

And that's exactly what I am.

Everybody reaches that one point where they say 'you know what,fuck it all' and do what they want.

I am proud to say that I have reached that point and I don't regret it,not one bit.

Driving out of the Quinn mansion with only the clothes on my back and my red Camry with 2 credit cards,best feeling ever.Knowing I'll never go back only makes me happier.

I drove to the house I secretly bought with my mother's name and parked at the back.Dad doesn't know about this house so hiding won't be a problem.It was a simple 4 bedroom bungalow situated in a quiet neighborhood.

Nobody knows who I am,who my family is and who my dad is.I'm just the new guy

A/N

Another chapter,hope y'all like it

Thanks for reading 🦋

Have a great day/night 💕