~18~

Victoria fumed about what happened between Bruce and her.

I can't believe he shouted at me, ME!

The omega was furious, sending glares to everyone her way. She was going to make him regret that, nobody disrespects her and gets away with it. Victoria didn't care that the alpha had all those titles . He will pay for that, crawling on his knees and begging for her to come back.

She left the mansion with the idea of making him jealous. Going to his brother will be a good start, he was kind and gentle. Elena is so lucky. On the plus side she has to see if her idiot of a sister is still alive.

Just, think of it...chances are it could be his mate"

Victoria stopped in her tracks. Could what that maid said be true? Did he really find his mate?

Surely he wouldn't leave her for his mate... she did not reject hers just to be left forgotten when he found his.

Don't think about it Vicky

She left the mansion and drove off to his brother's house, careful not to be seen by anyone.

...

"Victoria, so nice to see you again" Ace greeted.  The omega smiled and sat opposite of him. If only he was her mate, life would be good.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?"

Victoria sighed and poured a glass of red wine, gulping in one go. "Your brother is being an ass. He shouted at me! Can you believe that?" She scoffed, pouring another glass.

"You didn't hear?" She stopped the glass halfway to her lips.

Don't let it be true, please don't let it be true

"Hear what?"

"Bruce found his mate"

Victoria slowly placed the glass on the table. Her ears were ringing. She didn't believe it. She gave up her mate just to be with him, this isn't supposed to happen.

"What... what do I do?"

"Nothing. He'll accept his mate and kick you out"

She didn't want to believe that. He wouldn't just toss her aside after all she's sacrificed just to be with him

"Do you know who it is? Please tell me" She pleaded, tears lining her eyes.

Ace sighed and got up, taking a drag of his cigar. The alpha thought of telling her, but she would end up dead if he did. She'd be no use dead. He still needed her. Her unfortunate infatuation with his brother will be a key role in destroying him

"No, but I'm looking into it" Victoria sniffled and wiped her tears, pouring another glass. Deep down she knew it was true, she just didn't want to believe it.

"Tell my sister I came around, I'll see her next time" Picking up her bag, she left.

Ace glanced at her retreating figure before she disappeared. She wouldn't make a bad bed warmer, her sister sadly wasn't anything good to talk about. Victoria was beautiful, but stupid. If only her brains could match her beauty.

...

"Bruce, so nice to see you again" The alpha greeted and offered a handshake. Bruce glanced at him and went ahead to sit.

"I hear you're having trouble paying your debt Walters"

The alpha cleared his throat and rubbed his hands together. He just needed a little more time. His father denied helping him clear his debt

Some father he is

His only shot was marrying Beryl Quinn. If only the omega didn't ran away he would've had the money and paid off his debt. Looking for him became an impossible chore, wherever that omega was hiding he was covering his tracks really well.

"Y–yes, I just need a little more time"

"A couple millions isn't anything for someone like you to fret over" Bruce argued.

"There has been a slight... issue in getting the money. All I ask for is one month. One month and I'll bring the full payment"

Bruce gave the guy a once over. Another elite who claims they can't clear their debt. Bruce knew he had the money. Spending night after night in casinos and gambling away is enough of a reason to be able to pay up. Bruce agreed to one more month and increased the interest.

"Isn't that a little over the top... I'm yet to get the money"

"If you don't want to pay an extra 20%, you will be a good elite and shut up. I haven't killed any of your loved ones, be grateful"

Collin kept quiet and nodded. Bruce concluded the meeting over and left.

"Will you really give him one month" Clyde asked.

"That should be enough time for him to get the money, if not then he should expect the heads of his family at his doorstep"

His phone rang with an unknown caller, he sighed. Another idiot calling to threaten him.

"Who is this?"

"That's no way to greet your brother"

Ace? How did he....

"What do you want?"

"How is he, your mate?"

Bruce didn't expect this, he was very careful not to let anyone know. Now that he knows his mate isn't safe anymore. He didn't want to bring him to the mansion but now he has no choice

"If you–"

"Relax, I haven't touched him... not yet at least" Bruce groaned, punching the wall. He was pissed, the last this he wants is for his mate to go through any pain.

"Stay away from him" The alpha snarled. Ace chuckled and ended the call. Bruce ran to the car and got in. The chauffeur was startled and bit back a scream.

"Drive"

"T-to where sir?"

"The cafe" The alpha breathed. He has to get there, before his brother.

"But sir you–"

"JUST DRIVE"

The chauffeur jumped started the car, speeding off to the cafe

For the first time in his life, Bruce was terrified. Terrified to lose the only light in his gruesomely dark world.

A/N

Thanks for reading 🦋

Byee💞