04: Numb

Trigger warning: homophobia.

Andy sat in his lecture room not paying attention at all, he was busy writing down ways to kill himself. It's been two weeks, two weeks! Since Raphael had cuddled with him and he hasn't said a word to him.

He sighed and slumped on his desk wishing he was somewhere else instead.

His phone vibrates, it was a message from Amber, he groaned hoping he doesn't spill and tell her what happened.

Amber: Hey little bro, how's it going?

Andy didn't really know what to respond it, he can't say it's going great or that it's going good, he can't say it's bad either because he knows, Amber will punch anyone at anytime.

Should I tell her anything? He thought.

He shook his head and ignored the message which was much more easier than anything.

When the lecture was finally done, Andy was the first one to leave. He hurried to the cafeteria hoping to meet Jake, the only friend he had made.

One friend, that was a new record.

Sadly Andy couldn't find Jake, he sighed alone again as he munched on his strawberry cake but he could feel a pair of eyes on him.

He didn't bother.

The last thing he would want was trouble.

After the lonely meal, Andy went ahead out the cafeteria making his way to his dorm building, he was exhausted and just wanted to try and get some sleep.

Suddenly he was thrusted on the wall infront of him, he groaned in pain not knowing who would want to do that.

"Is it true?" An unfamiliar voice huffed.

"What?"

"You're gay?"

Andy flinched, heart racing like he ran a marathon.

No one he was gay, he didn't give a sign he was gay, maybe he walked gay, or ate gay.

But really, all he could think of is: how the hell does he know?

"Come on, speak up," the boy teased.

Andy tried to get the boy off but then again, he was too weak for him. His cheek pressed against the brick wall probably going to leave a nasty bruise later.

His body was forcefully turned around to the stranger, the boy still holding on to him by his collar.

"What? Dick caught your tongue?"

Andy winced as the boy landed his fist on his face, he could lay there on the floor for all he cares.

The memories rushed back to him, the remembered the pain and torture he had to go through back in high school was going to repeat itself here.

He wanted to cry.

He wanted to scream.

Yet, Andy felt numb and small.

His blue eyes locked with the boy, and suddenly he didn't feel quite small anymore. And yet, out of all the odds he knew him, he knew the boy infront of him.

"Cameron?" He whispered in surprise, the taller boy doesn't dare say word.

Cameron backed away from Andy with an annoyed look lingering on his face, "I thought I didn't have to deal with you again."

Andy scoffed, "you make it sound like I'm following you."

Cameron is suddenly surprised by Andy's confidence, "where is all this confidence coming from? Weren't you about to cry just a second ago?"

Andy looked away from him and sighed, "just... finish what you started, you're wasting my time..."

Cameron's eyes widened, "you're— you're not fighting back?"

Andy doesn't answer, he felt his old highschool life come back to him once again. It's not like he liked it, he doesn't, not at all.

But he felt hopeless, like he didn't know what else he could do anymore.

He heard begin to footsteps fade away, surprised to see Cameron already leaving.

Strange.

Andy thought. He gathered up his strength and stands, his body aching as he held himself up. He took in a deep breath and begins to walk towards the dorm until...

"What the fuck happened to you?"

Any looked up and mentally groaned.

Out of all people.

Raphael stood ahead of him with a blank stare.

A/n:

I was planning to continue but, leave the suspense for the next chapter dude, okay?

Okay. Also it was pretty short and unexpected, trust the process darling~

Things start to unfold here.

Kk. Bye

-inkonmyfeet

Update: 31st January 2024:

Hey new readers, I would like to say that this isn't a good chapter and I've been getting a lot of uh I wouldn't say complains or anything but like people feel uncomfortable because of this chapter. If you do please skip it, I kept a trigger warning but if that doesn't work I might have to change the entire chapter.

I'm really sorry I'm still new to all this writing stuff here :(

I apologize and thank you.

-finn