09: onions

Andy stood outside the campus fiddling with his phone, it was a Saturday and he was supposed to be heading over to his mother's house, but he forgot his date with Jake.

He cursed and sat on a near by bench.

He knew he had to ditch Jake one way or another, but a big wash of guilt just wouldn't let him have his way. And also he was broke currently, he wasted his money on food and the washing machine back at campus, how is he going to even get there?

Suddenly a motorbike stopped infront if him, causing him to flinch by the sudden action. He looked up at the biker and was about to give him a piece of his mind, but stopped.

When the biker removed his helmet Andy's eyes widened.

Raphael.

"Why are you sulking in public?" He questioned him.

The smaller boy groaned, "I promise this guy that we were going out today but, I have to head over my mother's house for lunch and dinner."

Raphael nodded, "just tell him so."

"I can't, he's a very nice person and I can't just leave him like that."

Andy buried his face in his hands, he's been doing that often and he starts to wonder if it's a defense mechanism or something.

"Just tell him something came up, if this person is a nice guy I'm sure he'll understand," Raphael explained.

Then it hit Andy.

He's busy telling Raphael about Jake while a few days ago, Raphael confessed his feelings. Now Andy wanted to shoot himself, he wanted to die right now.

He inhaled and nodded.

Andy: Hey Jake, I'm so sorry but I can't come with you today. I have a family thing I have to attend, maybe next Saturday.

Andy pressed send.

"How did that feel?"

Andy shrugged, "exhausting."

Raphael nodded and put on his helmet, he turned the key on his bike and was about to take off until Andy grabbed his arm.

"Wait, I'm broke."

Raphael blinked, "huh?"

"I mean, can I get a ride? To my mother's house if you're not busy?" Raphael couldn't say no to him.

"Okay."

Andy nodded, "where's my helmet?"

Raphael removed his and helped Andy put it on, he even strapped the thing under Andy's chin.

"What about you?"

Raphael smiled, "I'll be alright."

Andy didn't want argue, he nodded and straddled on the bike. He inhaled and held on to Raphael, his arms wrapped around Raphael's back locking on Raphael's chest.

Raphael took the action by surprise, "you've never ridden a bike before?" He said a bit mockingly.

"Haha, shut up Raph."

The older boy chuckled, he also realized that this was the second time Andy had called him Raph.

"Where we heading?"

Andy explains the address that Amber had sent him as they were cruising through the empty streets. Raphael was going ahead if the speed limits, making Andy fear of being hit by something or they might crash.

"Slow down," he muttered on Raphael's back.

Raphael hears, he does slow down.

The duo finally arrive at the house, it was a simple looking house that Andy's mother had bought.