would you?

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ *ೃ༄

   "i have an idea!" nick stated, and everyone in the room turned to the boy expectantly, yet still with very little hope. it had been a little over an hour since you got here, and everyone had been sitting in the boys' living room, trying to come up with fun activities to do. the group being, you, madi, larray, chris, nick and matt (who was resting his cute head in your lap). nick continued, "wait- does anyone have a coin?"

you furrowed your brows, your mind going back to the back pocket of your jeans where you were certain you kept a few coins. you looked down at matt, scratching his scalp lightly in a motion that told him to move. "i think i might- hey, matt, that means you have to move off my lap."

matt looked up at you, blue eyes staring into your soul. "oh- then she doesn't have any." and he simply moved on. you rolled your eyes, yet a soft laugh left your mouth before you could stop it.

you let your eyes linger on matt's pretty face for a little too long. when you noticed his head turning to yours, you leaned back against the couch and looked around the group as if you hadn't been studying- no, memorizing his features so intensely. blush creeped up to your cheeks, coating your face in a soft rose colour. you've known matt and his brothers for quite some time now. you'd heard about the triplets through the grapevine of social media, but you never actually knew them. that is, until, larray introduced you to them. he knew you'd get along great, and just like he predicted, the three boys were quick to become your best friends. but you always felt a little more connected to matt. he just understood you in a way that no one else did. he knew you hated the sound flip-flops make when you walk, and how if you didn't eat your cereal fast enough it would get gross and soggy. he knew that you'd never hug back if anyone else was around, and all your guilty pleasures. he knew you better than anyone else in the whole world. he just knew you.

    the relationship you and matt had is... different. you were best friends, and if anyone asked if you were dating, you would deny it in a heartbeat. but every girl knew not to even try to go for matt because you stood in the way. and if a guy ever so much as looked at you, matt was quick by your side and they got the hint. it was reciprocal, but whatever it may be, it was confusing as hell.

    the two of you never spoke about this relationship you had. you barely knew what it was yourself. to be quite frank, you didn't even know if he felt what you felt for him. and so you tucked the thoughts you had about matt away in a box in the back of your mind, locking it and throwing away the key.

nick flipped off his brother. "for gods sake, matthew."

    "it'll only be a second," you said to matt, perhaps too nicely. he sighed, but lifted his head nonetheless. you maneuvered your hand to your back pocket and grabbed the first coin your hand touched.

    "what's your grand idea, anyways?" madi asked.

    "okay, so- me, matt and chris used to play this all the time. basically, one person hands someone coin, and asks that same person a question only they can hear. but, their answer has to be about someone in the group here. then you hand the coin to the person you answered the question with." nick explained excitedly, but when everyone looked at him with a questioned look on their face he explained further. "so let's say i asked chris- i don't know- 'who is the biggest idiot' and chris told me 'matt', then chris would give the coin to matt."

    "-hey!" matt threw his arms out in defense.

    "oh- that sounds fun! but how do we know the question that was asked?" madi replied to nick with an eager look.