snowman

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ *ೃ༄

there was nothing like spending christmas in boston; especially when you were with matt. compared to los angeles, christmas time in boston took the cake. the snow, the lights on the houses, the decorations, and everything about it made it incredibly magical. you always loved every second of it, and you'd count down the days until you were back in massachusetts, spending the holiday season with your favourite people in the entire world.

''twas the night before christmas, and you were lounging peacefully in your bedroom, surrounded by the cozy ambience of candles and christmas lights in your small tree. snow was glistening as it fell, coating the streets and environment in a thick blanket of snow. you were ready to drift off to sleep when matt had texted you in a frantic mess. and so now, after he had practically begged you to come on a walk in the snow with him, you were presently waiting for matt to come knocking on your door.

it was just after eleven when matt showed up. you hurriedly opened the door, your body engulfed in cozy sweaters and a puffer jacket. you were dressed head to toe in winter gear; a pair of wide leg sweatpants, doc martens, a warm jacket (and one of matt's hoodies underneath of course), and a beanie to keep your head warm. when you opened the door, matt smiled widely from ear to ear.

"hey," he said, and his nose was turning pink from the cold. his cheeks were red hot, and he had flakes of snow resting in his hair. he looked pretty. you smiled. he held his hand out for yours. "you ready?"

you took his hand in yours and you were immediately met by the massachusetts cold. you sucked in a sharp breath of air, wondering what on earth matt did to convince you to walk in this freezing climate. you pulled the hood of your hoodie above your head, letting your hair fall down the sides of your face. you would've been more annoyed if it weren't for the boy beside you, and for the snow falling so blissfully. snow clung to every surface outside. there were no tire tracks, no nothing to be seen on the street, just a thick cover of snow.

    "it's so pretty," you smiled.

    "i know," matt said, "i hope you don't hate me anymore for making you get out of bed for this."

    "i'm not mad anymore." you giggled.

    matt grabbed your hand in his with a firm but loving grip, feeling the delicate softness of your touch against the wintry chill. as the both of you walked, your footprints painted a trail in the snow, while your intertwined hands spoke volumes in silent whispers. matt let himself blatantly admire you and the whimsical glow on your face; an expression on your face that mirrored the glistening snowflakes that adorned the streets. he smiled to himself, wondering how he managed to get so lucky to spend his holidays with you.

    the houses gleamed with various colours of christmas lights, creating a joyous ambience on the streets of red and green and every colour you could think of. you and matt compared the decorations from door to door, fighting over your favourites and which ones were the best.

    the cold air nipped at your skin, your cheeks and nose turning red as if they were frostbitten, but you didn't mind. you didn't care the slightest that you were cold, because you had your favourite person in the world right beside you. and to you, that's all that really mattered.

    "let's build a snowman!" you suggested, turning to matt and he laughed. and before he could even reply, you had already gotten to work. your hands plunged into the powdery snow, shaping the snowman's bottom half to the best of your ability with each frosty handful. matt joined in shortly, and with excited determination, you both rolled mounds of snow, fashioning a figure that gradually took form as a snowman. giggles echoed from the two of you as you adorned your creation. the snowman was bland, with no carrot nose and zero coal eyes. and so that is when you sent matt to search, and he came back with two rocks (both vastly different in size), and two sticks. the snowman wasn't perfect by any means, but you loved it.

    "what should we name him?" you said, stepping away to admire the snowman. matt smiled.

    but instead of a response you were waiting for, with a sly grin, matt scooped up a handful of snow, and launched the snowball at you. his heart raced with anticipation when the snowy missile had hit you right in the heart. he laughed. "catch!"

    "oh- it's on now, matthew!" you gasped, a smile forming on your face. you retaliated quickly, scooping up some snow with a giddy smile on your face, firing back your own flurry of snowballs. laughter harmonized with the rustle of snow as your lighthearted fight unfolded. you squealed when matt chucked another snowball, and you ran behind the snowman your both had curated as a shield. you threw another snowball at him, and then ducked behind the unnamed snowman. you heard him laughing, but when you looked up from your guard, he was gone. your brows furrowed confusedly, but when a snowball had been smushed against your head behind you, you gasped. and suddenly matt had decided he was done with the snowball fight, and he swiftly tackled you to the ground. it was a soft fall, but you still let out a loud groan as you fell on your back, and he flipped comically beside you. he had that stupid, little smirk pasted on his face, and all you wanted to do was wipe it right off him.

he wants to wrestle? so be it.

    you swiftly shoved his arm playfully, and you weren't surprised to see that he shoved you right back. you sat up further, attempting to play a trick on matt, but he was one step ahead of you and that was when he decided that if you were going to put up a fight, he might as well win. matt rolled over and began to wrestle with you, ignoring the way you smacked his chest in protest. he swung one leg over you and kneeled right above your waist, capturing your wrists and pinning them to the snowy ground.

"matt- matt!" you giggled, "let me go!"

"nah- i'm good." he said smugly, pinning you down in the snow. it was still snowing, and he admired the small flakes of snow that had fallen on your eyelashes, and the ones that rested softly in your hair. he studied your face lovingly, adoring your features and how soft they looked in the snow. you took advantage of his daydreamer state, and you wrapped your legs around his waist and pushed his chest away, laughing as you tackled him to his back. you were lying beside him, resting your weight on your elbow when you noticed the devious gleam in the sparkle of his eyes. and so your breath picked up, preparing for another tackle. but instead of tackling you to the ground again, he kissed you.

his hands were cold and frigid against your face, and his nose was freezing as it smushed against your cheek. in contrast to his hands, his lips felt warm against yours. the chilly air sent a delightful shiver down your spine as your hand cupped matt's cheek, feeling the cool touch of his cold skin against your warmth. in that moment, you felt the contrast of his icy hands on your cheeks. amidst the quiet snowfall, his cold hands on your face somehow made it feel so special, adding a different kind of warmth to your kiss. his lips moved perfectly with yours, and you felt drunk on his lips.

he pulled away, brushing the rogue strand of hair out of your face. he placed a tender kiss to your cheek, "how about we call it even?"

you smiled. "sounds good to me. but in all fairness, i think i won."

he laughed as he stood up, extending his hand for yours. you accepted his hand, standing up in front of him as he towered over you. he said: "i let you win."

"yeah- okay." you smiled, and he kissed you again. if he hadn't been holding you so close, you might've fallen to your knees. he whispered against your lips, something so quiet that only you could hear it, "i love you."

you kissed him again. "merry christmas, pretty boy."

"merry christmas, my love."

AUTHORS NOTE !!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO THOSE
WHO CELEBRATE!!!

love you all xx