Chapter Ten

...

Adrenaline pumped through my veins as I followed closely behind the Alpha to the cells where they held all captives. Shivers raced down my spine causing goosebumps to protrude on my arms. The underground cells were just as cold and creepy as I remembered. Despite being the interrogator this time I still felt sick to my stomach as we neared the morbid place. The smell of iron was very hard to miss. Even Freya was surprised at how strong the scent was! By the amount we could smell the rogue should've been dead.

Unless it's from other rogues.. I shivered at the thought.

The Alpha's pace slowed as we rounded a corner and came upon a guarded cell. The wolf bowed his head submissively to the Alpha before stepping aside, allowing the Alpha access to the cell. I could feel the power radiate off of the Alpha as he stood tall outside of the rogues cell, his large frame casting a vast shadow over the rogues shivering body. In the dimly lit cell I could see the man's naked body covered in multiple lacerations and bruises. A mix of dried up blood and dirt covered most of his face. The man held his knees to his chest trying his best to not be so exposed. If he hadn't tried to kill me I'd feel pity for the poor soul.

"Who are you?" Marcus hit the silver bars with a metal bat causing the loud vibrations to echo throughout the hallways.

The brunette spat blood towards the cell door in response and shook his head. Anger bubbled inside me as vapour pooled out of my hand and crept closer to the rogue who was completely unaware as he continued glaring at Marcus and the Alpha.

"State your name pup!" The Alpha demanded.

"Never!" The rogue growled.

Without hesitation I pushed the vapour into the rogues nostrils and through his nasal cavities until it filled his lungs, causing him to choke and gasp for air. The rogue flailed on the cement floor and clawed at his neck and chest. Marcus stared at me with wide eyes while the Alpha's gaze remained glued to the rogue. After a minute the Alpha finally spoke up, "That's enough."

Flicking my wrist the vapour vanished allowing the wolf to finally breathe. After a long minute of listening to the rogue catch his breath the Alpha let out a throaty growl, "State your name!"

The brunette dipped his head and croaked, "Atlas."

"What business do you have here?" Marcus crossed his arms over his chest and eyed the rogue distastefully.

A knot formed in my stomach as the rogue made eye contact with me. Atlas's bloodshot eyes narrowed slightly as he began pointing his shaky hand in my direction. The rogue croaked out, "Her."

My eyes widened as my jaw practically dropped to the floor. Why me??

My attention slowly turned to Everett as he stepped in front of me acting as a barrier between myself and the rogue. I could feel anger ripple off of him. I swear I could even see Everett's muscle tense as if he were on the verge of shifting.