17 ~ The Love Of Family

1K votes fasttt!!!

Sunday No Update! Make it 9K Friends fast if you want one. 😉

Also, whoever hasn't voted on all the chapters if Aishwarya. Please do vote. It is my fuel like car needs fuel.

(or electricity for the electric vehicle)

Aishwarya POV

After a really long and tiring Trek, we reached the entrance of the temple. With an empty stomach but full of contended heart I stepped inside with him.

My gaze stared down at the entrance of the temple and we both bent down to touch our heads to the floor out of devotion.

It was at high altitude and I could feel the winds turning sharper and stronger. They were cold and the smell of the air was very different from what was down below. There was a mild fragrance of nature with the coldness of water running through the mountains. The floor was moist and cold to feel beneath the bare feet. Everything was beautiful. 

The bright sunlight was falling over me and I had never felt this much closer to the sun before. Hukum's face was glowing with the beautiful golden rays and I could not help but stare at him blankly. 

He smiled looking at me and we both stepped inside the temple. The melodious and charismatic voice of the priest reading the prayers was echoing through the old walls of the temple as we walked inside and I could not help but feel a strange sensation in me. My eyes closed and I felt like I was floating across the prayer and its energy. Never have I ever felt this much connected to God and it was all so beautiful.

My heart which had been immensely chaotic ever since I knew I existed was now strangely feeling at peace. 

Hukum rang the bell of the temple and I pulled the veil a little down to my head. Ranaji, Jiji and Devarsa were also with us and we all stepped inside the main prayer hall.

My sight fell on the priest offering prayers and the statue of the deity. I lowered my gaze and stopped there with him.

Ranaji and Jiji walked forward and offered prayers to the deity. I could not hear what the priest was saying but I could see them smiling with the adjoined hands. They both bent low out of respect and devotion and touched the priest's feet. He blessed them and said something. After that, the priest forwarded the plate of offerings to Ranaji. I saw him picking up the vermillion in his finger and putting it in the partition of Jiji's hair. Jiji smiled and I could see her washing a lone tear off her cheek and I felt a slight ache in my heart. They were beautiful together. 

Then she lowered herself to touch his feet Ranaji stopped in between and kissed her forehead.

Oh, so he also kisses Jiji.

That means every couple does that. Strange.

They looked at us and walked towards us.

"We are waiting for you, outside,"

Ranaji said and I just kept my gaze low when the left. Now, we were alone with the priest and he said.

"Come,"

I blinked and we walked towards the priest. My hands were joined and we both first bent down to touch the feet of the deity. Standing up I closed my eyes and tried to say.

'Thank you so much for everything you have done for me. I do not want anything but the courage to live what you have decided for me. Be it the love or the pain, just give me the strength and courage to endure it and bloom it. And, I cannot thank you enough for bringing Hukum into my life but please take care of my sickness. I do not want to feel anything off when I am around him, it makes me feel weak and sick,'