Why can't i ever catch a break?

"B-but I just got here? I thought I would be here for at least a week." I say letting my confusion show.

"Yes, well, we're leaving for Italy in 3 days." Gabrielle explained.

"Okay."
"Well, that was all, you can go back to your room." Claudio said dismissing me.

I nod, getting out of the seat. "You'll meet some of our brothers soon, by the way." Gabrielle adds.

I freeze in my spot, just about to reach for the door handle. "Uh cool?" I say, trying not to sound rude.

Claudio mutters something under his breath quickly after. But why exactly do I have to meet them? Well, probably because they live here, silly.

Oh, yeah. Or better question, why would they want to meet me?
*Who knows?, rich people are weird in the movies!*

As I get inside my room, I quickly lock the door. I then jump and practically melt into my new bed. I decided it's better to sleep now, so I can charge my social battery.

*You know no amount of sleep will give you enough social battery ever, right?*, my conscience asked.

Well, duh. I responded.

I'm awoken to multiple rough knocks on my door, which btw looks like it's about to be knocked down any minute now.

"Coming!" I shouted.

I frantically unlock the door and open it. I'm met with a worried Claudio, "WHY WEREN'T YOU ANSWERING.," he yells.

Un bothered by this, I answer with "Oh sorry I was sleeping.", with no ounce of sorry in my tone.

After I say that, he fixes his composure and puts on a blank face, something that I haven't seen him do yet.
"Um, well, let's get going then."

Why was he worried that much? It's not like I'm going to disappear out of thin air. We go down the probably billion dollar stairs and finally enter the dining room.

Much to my little introvert heart's disappointment, there's a new face sitting next to Gabrielle.

You can do this, Thea, I say to myself.
*You can't do this*, my conscience says.
Oh, I know.

I take a small breath before plastering on a fake smile. He just stares at me before he bluntly says, "Matthew, your second-oldest brother.", and then starts eating.

*He's kidding, right?*

I don't think so.

Claudio had already sat down next to Matthew. I just stared at them, still standing up in front of them.

They didn't notice because they all had their heads down dining.

"Are you guys MENTAL?"

All heads snap at me, but I don't care, not right now. "Excuse you?" Matthew spoke first, with some authority in his voice. "
Es-ESCUSE ME NO, RESPECTFULLY EXCUSE YOU, IS THAT HOW YOU TELL ALL FAMILY MEMBERS THAT YOU'RE RELATED?" I yelled in response.

Suddenly, all the boys look at Gabrielle. "You were right, she didn't know.", he said to Claudio.

Is that what he muttered in the office today?

Then Matthew speaks and what he says next leaves me stunned "You're right that's not how you let your sister know, but if knew this earlier I would gladly say it a thousand times.", and with that, he got back to eating.

I was quick to mask my emotions and responded with a clear response, "Ok, it's not like I'm going to be here for long.", and I started to strut my way out the door.