Wattpad Original
There are 13 more free parts

Ch. 6: A Dangerous Man

I have to pick up the phone.

I try to stop my orgasm, but my body has other ideas, and the wave of pleasure hits me so intensely I actually cry out. I clamp my legs together, but that only makes it worse. I can't remember ever having an orgasm this intense by myself.

This is what just the thought of Max's hands and mouth on my body does to me.

I slide my finger across the phone to answer it and manages to gasp out "Just a second!" then drop the phone back on the bed and bury my face in the pillow to stifle the moan that's trying to escape my lips. My legs are tangled in Max's comforter, and I'm pressing my hand against myself as I ride out the rest of the orgasm and the sharp aftershocks that follow.

I realize belatedly that I should have put the phone on mute.

I take a shuddering breath and then roll back over, my heart pounding, and pick up the phone again.

"I'm here," I say, trying really hard to sound normal.

"Hadley?" His voice is smooth, low, but laced with an edge of concern. "What's wrong?"

I blush, even though he can't see me. "What? Nothing."

"Why are you out of breath?"

"It's nothing," I tell him, controlling my voice better now, but apparently not good enough.

"Switch to Face Time," Max tells me.

"No!" I blurt out, and then there's a silence. I can only imagine what he's thinking now.

"Max, I don't want to go to Face Time because I'm in your bed." I pause and he waits. Am I really going to tell him? The aftershocks of pleasure still crackle under my skin, urging me to say it. Tell him. I take a deep breath.

"I'm in your bed," I continue, lowering my voice almost to a whisper, "imagining what we'd be doing right now if you were here instead of . . . wherever you are."

My truth-telling is rewarded with a low, throaty chuckle.

"So what you're telling me is that I interrupted you making yourself come while thinking about me."

"You caught me in the middle of my climax, actually," I confess, feeling emboldened. Now that I've said it, I might as well say it all. I hear his breath catch, just barely, on the other end of the line.

"That's incredibly hot," Max says, and I'm blushing all over again. "You should have let me listen. Now tell me exactly what you were imagining when you came."

"No way. It's too embarrassing. I'm not going to tell you my sex fantasies."

"Not even when they're about me?"

"Especially not when they're about you."

"That's a shame, Hadley," he whispers in that low, smooth voice that makes me tingle. "Because my plan now is to make every one of those fantasies come true."

My brain thinks oh hell no but my body screams yes.

I close my eyes, desire simmering. The moment feels charged. "You know, Max, just because you fantasize about something doesn't mean you actually want to do it."

"Doesn't it?"

Now I'm tingling all over, because some of my fantasies were . . . a little out there, and the thought of actually doing them, with Max, is pretty intoxicating. But I'm not ready to admit that to him.

"No," I say, making my voice as decisive as I can.

I hear that low chuckle again. "Why don't you tell me one you think you don't want to come true, and let me decide whether to make it happen."