...

Slowly Mariya lifts her gaze to her father. "What do you think, Daddy?"

"You don't want to know what I think," he mutters, clearly still upset. "You're adults. How the fuck do you get so drunk you can't remember shit?"

"You've done it many times when we were younger." Aunt

Bella reminds him.

"You're not helping," he grumbles.

"It was my fault." I move to the couch Mariya is sitting on and take a seat next to her. "I should've kept track of how much we were drinking. It was relaxing, and we were letting off some steam. The next thing I knew, we woke up married."

His eyes snap from Mariya to me, tension building in the room with every second he remains silent.

Every muscle is wound tight, prepared for the bomb that's sure to explode over our heads.

Mariya shifts, and she swallows hard, clearly nervous. "Daddy?"

"Let me think!" Uncle Alexei snaps. From the anger darkening his gaze, I'm surprised he hasn't pulled a gun on me. He takes a deep breath, shakes his head, then settles his eyes on Mariya and me. "You'll remain married for six months."

Thank fucking Christ.

Shocked, Mariya gasps, "But -"

Her father cuts her off with a stern look. "No buts. You'll remain married to Luca for six months. You'll live with him and try to make it work."