𝒍𝒊𝒙. beyond borders in barbados

CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE: BEYOND BORDERS IN BARBADOS !

10x19

━━━━━━

EVERYONE HAD ARRIVED AT THE BAU FOR A CASE - THIS TIME, THIS CASE WAS FROM THE BEYOND BORDERS TEAM, NEEDING SOME ASSISTANCE. Casey had joined the rest of her team, including Section Chief Cruz, Unit Chief Jack Garrett and Agent Lily Lambert, in the conference room to discuss the case.

      "Our unsub's eluded both domestic and international teams, and we're not about to let him get away with it again." Cruz started as Garcia pressed the remote to light up the screen of the victims. "As you all remember, last April, the Isaacs family was killed in Florida, and the Everetts were killed in Aruba the year before that."

      "Both families were found 24 hours after they were taken. Each family member had been strangled and their bodies were dumped in a remote area. The trails went cold." Hotch explained.

      "All signs pointed to the Everetts being his first victims.
Because of the hands-on, intimate nature of the kills, we thought it was personal." Lily Lambert spoke as Hotch followed, "And we built on that theory with the Isaacs in Florida, but to no avail."

       "Now that he's moved internationally again, it's time to rethink the motive," Jack Garrett sighed. "It's clear he gets off on hunting American families when they're on vacation."

       "Just over eight hours ago, he abducted the Sullivans from Barbados." Cruz told, showing the security camera footage of the family getting into a van.

       "It feels like he's establishing a clear pattern," Morgan stated. "He started overseas, came back to the states, and now he's gone to another country again."

       "The month of April has some sort of significance to him." Spencer pointed out. "Maybe it's easy hunting season." Lily suggested. "All the kills were during spring break vacations. But why families?" Casey questioned.

       "It takes guts and skill to snatch a whole family, but you wouldn't know it by watching him." Kate told. "The higher the risk, the lower his heart rate. A true sociopath." Rossi commented.
       "And the family's too tired from a long day of travel to see the ruse." JJ added. "And the unsub's probably too charismatic, proper or trusting to set off any instinctual alarms." Vivian finished.

      "I need both domestic and international teams working together on this," Cruz stated. "If our unsub sticks to his pattern, he'll kill the Sullivans by sunrise."