22.0

Italics are Victoria's/Henry's thoughts

Victoria's POV:

I was angry. Red hot anger flooded my face. I had just begun my confinement when. my sweet stepdaughters told me something. Henry had a mistress, and it was one of my ladies! "Ladies!" I screamed, "Come here now, every single one of you." I said, my words bubbling with anger. They all filed into a line infront of me, looking nervous. "It has come to my attention that one of you has decided to betray me, and sleep with my husband." I said trying to mask my anger.

"I will, give you one chance to come forward and tell me within a days time before I find out." I paused, "If you coke forward, I will soften my anger slightly." I announced, walking down the line staring at each of my ladies faces for any traces of betrayal. I studied their eyes, my mother always told me people eyes give away their thoughts.

They all nodded and bowed lowly. "You are dismissed if someone does not come forward the punishment will be worse." I seethed. They quickly left whispering to eachother. As soon as I give Henry my second son I can banish the traitor without question. He would not say no to the woman who gave him two sons. I tried calming myself down because if I stress I could loose my babe. "One of you fetch my sister!" I yelled to no one in particular in my chambers.

I heard someone scramble out of the room and my chamber doors open and shut. I rubbed my forehead as I sat in my chair. Minutes later my sister came in with a smile on her face. As soon as she saw my dismay her smile dropped. "What is wrong Tori?" she questioned using my childhood nickname. "He had had a mistress since my first pregnancy." I cried out reaching for her.

Her eyes widened as she held me, I felt the tears stream down my face and onto her silk dress. "I have been told from Mary and Elizabeth that they have seen a hidden figure entering and leaving his rooms when they visited during my first pregnancy, they did not see anyone after the birth of my son but since my pregnancy has been announced people have whispered they see the same woman the girls described going in and out." I sobbed.

She held me close, as I cried out into her shoulder. "It is even worse because it has been known as one of my ladies, one has betrayed me." I whispered. "Oh sister." Anna hushed, cradling my head. "I am so sorry, do you know which lady?" she questioned. "No I do not I have given them a day to confess or else." I uttered blubbering. She sighed as she, took a rag from one of my ladies and dabbed under my nose ridding it of the gross mucus.

I continued the cry as Anna held me close. "You must calm it is not good for the babe if you stress, I will handle the mistress." Anna said, her voice darkening towards the end. I nodded and suddenly felt my eyes feeling heavy from the crying. "I am tired, I must lay down." I whispered, as Anna helped me up and helped me into bed.

"Good night my sister, I love you." Anna whispered as she kissed my forehead. I nodded off to sleep feeling safe with my sister besides me.

•••
PLOT TWIST! This idea has been given to me by my best friend probably the biggest fan of my book. I am anxious for everyone to find out who the mistress is...