AUTHOR'S NOTE & FAMILY TREE

My Dearest Reader!

Let me tell you a few important words before you finish this magical journey that this book is. I'm happy you got this far and you have my eternal gratitude for giving this book a shot. If you don't like to read the author's note, feel free to skip this part, but notice that this chapter contains a final family tree of the main characters of this novel after the first book's story along with the House Gray pictures. You can find it below.

Now, this is an e-book that I began writing in high school, but time wanted it to be completed many, many years later when I got a better understanding of human characters, behaviour patterns and the historical era of the story I built the world within. I carried this story in my mind for years, and the main reason why I started writing it in the first place was my idea of ​​a book that I would very much like to read. Despite the fact that this book also belongs to the 'red library' or ‚erotica' category, I wanted to create characters that are often missing in books of this genre - that is, they are not black and white, they have their character flaws, make mistakes and bad decisions, and are not a Mary Sue or Gary Stu type. 

Even in real life, the path to finding a dreamy partner is not straightforward - at least not in the vast majority of cases - and therefore the story of similar books seemed predictable to me. Don't worry, even if the main characters go through difficult trials, they will not be denied a happy ending. After all, it wouldn't be romantic literature without it. But I certainly liked the notion that this book is like a marriage of a romance novel and Game of Thrones - as GoT certainly inspired me for the story!

Furthermore, I want to point out that even though I tried to stick to the realities and customs of the Georgian era, I may not have succeeded in several cases. If you are one of those who have studied history in detail - I'm sorry that some passages and lines happened to twist your toes! Hopefully, you took the opportunity to express yourself in the comments as I do read them most ardently and am able to take it into account during the edit. Obviously, I'm not a professional writer, I write as a hobby, so I don't even have an editor who would point out various mistakes in the text and story logic.

Be sure to let me know your thoughts, likes and dislikes for this story, or your own theories for the following stories - for that, you will have my big sincere thanks. Every comment is a motivation for me to move forward with the writing. The saga continues with the second volume named Bewitching The Recluse, so give it a read if you're interested!

Last but not least, I want to ask you if you happen to notice that someone is reproducing this work without my permission under their name and without a link to this source - notify me immediately. As with all publications, this one is subject to copyright laws and therefore cannot be distributed for the purpose of benefit to a third party, and at this time no one really owns the rights to this story besides myself. There is only one original and only here on Wattpad with a publication date of 17.03.2023, whereas the original language work was first published on 21.10.2022 (though the original was taken down by me due to low engagement).

To honour the publication, the book was extended and rewritten on 03.03.2024 as I saw fit due to several chapters and plot points that I saw as problematic. The story arc hasn't been changed at all.

Thank you and I wish you all the best!

P.S. One last question for you - who was your absolute fave in this story? And whom did you hated the most?

Forever yours,

Sylvia Norcroft

°°°

If you are curious about who served as inspiration for the appearance of my characters, below you will find an updated family tree along with pictures of actors and their corresponding character names. All pictures were generated by AI, including those you saw within the chapters. Having such a "character mood board" was crucial for me, as it made my heroes much more vivid in my imagination and in their dialogues, hence easier to write down their story.