four

NARRATIVE

AMINA TURNED THE CORNER TO THE CAFE. And there he was, in a window booth. The same place he would sit when they came here together.

She fixed her face and adjusted her jacket before she walked in and sat across from him. He looked up from his phone. "Hey" He said.

"Texting Kelsey?" She asked him—looking through the menu for the muffins.

Jobe scoffed. "Alejandro dm you yet?"

Amina rolled her eyes and clicked the buzzer for the waitress to come to their table. "Hello, can I help you?" The lady asked.

"Can I get a chocolate chip muffin please. To go"

The lady nodded her head and wrote it down.

"What did you want to talk about, anyway" She said taking out her phone. She instantly smiled with the notification along her home screen. Jobe's face was almost disgusted, but a little jealous.

INSTAGRAM DMS

alejandrobalde | instagram
2.8 million followers
you follow eachother on instagram

ALEJANDROBALDE
hey pretty

AMINACHESTER
heyyy :)

im busy rn but can i
give you my #?

ALEJANDROBALDE
bet bet

AMINACHESTER
###-####-####
liked by @alejandrobalde

"Was that Alejandro?" Jobe asked sliding Amina her muffin. "Let's just wrap this up. Did you've seen mean what you said in your song?" He asked, leaning against the table—his gold chain dangling.

Gosh Amina loved that chain. She loved when it dangled above her, Jobe looking down on her smiling. She loved Jobe in general. He had the perfect facial structure. The perfect eyes, perfect nose, perfect lips.. perfect hair. Perfect jawline.

"Amina?" Jobe asked waving his hand infront of her face. She snapped out of it.

"Yeah, yes, what?"

Jobe sighed and looked around the small cafe. It was pretty empty, except for a few people sitting around. "Did you mean what you said.. in your song"

Amina rolled her eyes and huffed. "You called me here to talk about this Jobe? Not about how you left me crying on my doorstep at my own release dinner?"

"Are you serious Amina? You make a whole song basically trying to make my feel guilty for breaking up with you, and expect me to just be okay?"

"Yes! Jobe you should feel guilty. I tore myself up inside after you broke up with me—going through many of the possible reasons why and not finding one!" Amina whisper-yelled.

"I told you why." Jobe said sternly. "You are really ridiculous, you know that Amina? You only care about yourself—and it really shows" Jobe said leaving £7 on the table. "For your muffin" He says getting up and walking away.

He stopped once he got to the door, and looked back. "Get home safe, you know how you get when it's dark and you're alone"

IMESSAGES

alejandro 🙃

alejandro 🙃

hey hey :)

hey amina

you wanna go out? for like
drinks or something

bet.

— author speaks!
so suprise! the relationship that amina
gets into is alejandro balde 🙃 bc i
want drama (since they r both football players)
and he's such a cutie. i lowkey wanna make
alejandro endgame but then i remembered this
was a jobe story... ANYWAYS. ik the relationship
is super random but i love alejandro
so bare with me 🥰

p.s — it's the same day in the next chapter :)