twentyfive

NARRATIVE

EVERYONE WAS CHATTING, AND DRINKING BY THE TIME MARCUS AND JOBE PULLED UP TO THE LOCATION. "I don't know man, this doesn't sound like a good idea" Jobe said—his seatbelt still buckled.

Marcus unlocked the doors. "Jobe. It's fine"

Jobe sighed, unbuckling his seatbelt and getting out the car. He walked with his head down, following Marcus all the way to the stairs of the boat before he heard somebody call his name. He looked up, and Amina was looking straight into his eyes, smiling as she dropped her drink and rushed down the stairs pulling him into a tight hug. She squeezed his body like there was no tomorrow as he stood there frozen.

She let go and bit her lip looking down. "Sorry—I'm just really happy to see you," She said.

Jobe smiled, wrapping his arms around her returning the squeezing favor. "Can we talk, real quick?" Amina asked, her voice muffled into Jobe's chest.

He let her go and nodded his head. "One second," She said waving Marcus off. He nodded his head and stepped up the stairs onto the boat.

Amina grabbed Jobe's hand, leading him back to the parking lot, where she grabbed his other hand squeezing them tightly. "Jobe"

"Amina.." Jobe said, a little confused—and slightly worried.

She took a deep breath and bit the inside of her cheek. "Can we try again?" She spits out, letting go of Jobe's hand.

Jobe tried his best not to smile from ear to ear as he took Amina's hands in his. "I rather try again with you a hundred times, then start again with another..Kelsey.." Jobe said trying to be cute—but funny.

Amina rolled her eyes, and stood her on tiptoes planting a small peck on Jobe's lips. "Well, Jobe Samuel Patrick Bellingham, you are officially Amina Nicole Chester's man—again"

"And I am honored" He says holding out his arm for her as the two walk back to the boat. Alejandro watched from the boat, a little upset, but he knew it was gonna happen. He just wished it could have been him.

"You're sick, huh?" Kaia ask, leaning against the rail besides Alejandro.

He raises his eyebrow, giving her a small side eye. "Oh come on Ale, you've been staring since he first got here.." She adds on pointing down at Jobe and Amina walking back towards the boat.

"No. I'm happy for her," He lies. He was happy Amina was happy—but, he wasn't happy she was with Jobe.

Kaia raises her eyebrow, a small smirk appearing on her face. "I know you aren't. But deep down, I wish it was you too" She says giving him a small pat on the back before joining everyone else back on the front of the boat.

—————

"I JUST WANNA THANK YOU ALL FOR COMING OUT HERE," Amina says standing up at the table, holding her glass into the air. "Especially you, Nelly. I know you're scared of boats" She says smiling at an embarrassed Nelly, smashing her face into Trent's neck. "If anyone else has anything to say, um feel free" Amina says sitting back down and downing her drink.

Alejandro was the first one to stand. Jobe eyed him, moving his eyesight the second his and Alejandro's eyes locked. "Hi, I'm Alejandro, I'm not exactly sure why I'm introducing myself," He says nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

Jobe glanced over at Amina, and watched the almost puppy dog eyes she gave Alejandro as he spoke. He straightened up, as he prepared to listen to whatever this "loser" had to say.

"I've known Amina for a while now, and I'm glad we've stayed great friends after our relationship ended. You were the best girlfriend anybody could have asked for, and Jobe is very lucky to have you. You grown a lot as a person, and you've even made me a better man Amina, and..and I thank you for that. I really do" He said with a small smile.

Amina's big brown eyes were glistening in the sunlight as tears formed in her eyes that were locked with Alejandro's as he sat down across the table from her.

Janelle noticed the tension in the air and she stood up. "Okay! I'm one of Amina's bestfriends, and I'm just gonna say she's a very different girl than she was at 16,18, and more. I've loved being your friend since elementary school, and I've loved every moment we've spent together. Love you girl," Janelle says blowing her a kiss as Amina blows one back.

Marcus eyes Jobe, signaling that he needs to say something. Jobe takes a deep breath and stands up. "I haven't always been the best person to Amina. I've done things to her that she hasn't deserved, but she's always stuck around. Anybody should be grateful to have an Amina in their life. Because, I'm grateful to have an Amina in my life and I don't know what I would do without you."

— authors note!
hi my jobe babies 😊 so i have decided
i am going to finish this story
before i start my jude story so that i
don't get overwhelmed bc i have sm going
on😭😭 but ive missed u guys and ive
missed amina and alejandro