Chapter 15

Tanya and Shara hugged me tighter, Tanya partially screaming into my ear and then Neco joined in, Dan sat on his seat applauding me while Mick alerted the rest of the hall of my success. There was an explosion of cheer as I was swept up in the mass of people all enjoying my success. We continued to celebrate like this until a bell rang, at which instant, everyone began filling towards the reception. I met Neco on the way.

"What's going on?" I asked him.

"Your welcoming ceremony, stupid." Neco lightly bat me across the head before swinging an arm around me and herding me to the reception. Once I was there, I was lead onto stage where both Marie and Dan stood waiting on me.

Marie took my hand and led me to the front of the stage, she raise my arm high in the air, and said something inaudible below the cheering which erupted from all the type two's although the type one's stood quietly at the back. The ceremony was short and consisted of me signing my society contract and receiving my key to a room on the third floor of the black spire. And me basically being handed over to Dan, as Marie said, 'it is now the responsibility of you to train and educate Aima until she has equalled or surpassed your own level of skill, at which point she will be her own responsibility'

The celebrations continued long into the night. As more and more people left the party, Tanya, Shara, Dan and Neco offered to help me move my stuff to my new room. We headed back to mine at two in the morning and I lifted piles of weapons, assisted by Neco and Dan, Tanya, and Shara helped me with my clothes. We made our way to the black spire, being congratulated by type two's who had left the party early along the way, type one's just avoided us. I finally got into my new home and explored, it wasn't particularly big but it had three rooms, a bedroom with a large double bed, a living room with a couch and a TV and radio and then a bathroom. Everyone stayed to help me get sorted, although Dan was called away early. Before he left he gave me a small phone, he said it's used for getting a hold of others, so I made sure that the others would be bringing theirs tomorrow so I could get their numbers.

When Tanya and Shara finished sorting my clothes they headed early also. Neco and I were left attempting to sort out my weapons into some sort of logical or organized fashion, which we sorely failed at. At around four in the morning, I got a message from Dan saying that I was to meet him tomorrow and he would explain how to get missions etc. but that I should sleep until afternoon. I wasn't complaining, I was shattered. Neco and I sat for hours trying to sort out my weapons, until I began to give up.

 I got up and went to the bathroom pouring a glass of water, I sat on the bed next to Neco who was preoccupied with trying to identify the different types of knives I had. I took a drink of my water before holding it out to him.

"Here have a drink and take a break, there's no point worrying about it, I'll be wearing it before you know it and it'll just end up like this again."

Neco took the glass taking a long drink. "Thanks, I needed that. What time are you going to meet Dan tomorrow? You should get some sleep if you plan to meet him before dark."

"I guess so, but we need to sort this mess out too." I said getting up and kneeling down next to my mess of weapons. I saw Neco stand and felt him grab my shoulders, but I was too tired to react by hitting. He kneeled down next to me, holding my face between his hands.

"Look, you're too tired to even hit me, sleep. I'll sort out the mess."

"No! I can't leave you to do all the work by yourself, it's not right."

I said that but my voice was weak and unconvincing, Neco scooped me up and dropped me onto my bed, I began to get up when he sat next to me.

He held me down as I struggled to get up, eventually I gave up and just lay, watching him.

"You're not doing this alone, let me help."

He shook his head and knelt down next to my bed, looking me in the eye.

"You think you could help in this state? Be serious you need to sleep. I can do it don't worry, just close your eyes and sleep." He took my hand and I felt my eyes beginning to close and I was asleep before I knew it.

I woke up to the rays of golden sunlight streaming through a window which lay above my head. I looked around the room, gaining my bearings as I tried to remember where I was. I looked down to see Neco lying sleeping on the floor, his head resting on my bed.  The memories of the night before slowly came back as I sat there; I noticed the drawer with my weapons wasn't pulled out anymore. I finally got up, pushing myself out of bed; I knelt down next to Neco, shaking him slightly to wake him up. His eyes flickered open, and he looked dazed.

"Morning, well afternoon at least" I said as I glimpsed at my watch, it was almost five in the afternoon.

Neco pushed him up, looking at his surroundings, much like how I had done moments before.

"Is it that late already, how did you sleep?"

"Really well" I said getting to my feet, pulling Neco with me, "but I still wanted to help you tidy it isn't fair to let you do all the work in my own home."

Neco looked at me shaking his head before pulling open the drawer to reveal my weapons, organized perfectly. I gawped stunned at the fact that he continued to work after I fell asleep.

"They're organized by weapon type and then by size. You're belts are at the back."

I knelt down by the drawer, inspecting everything, he had arranged them neatly and not one was out of place.

"How long did you stay up doing this?" I asked still staring at the weapons.

"Who knows, I finished up then I fell asleep before I could leave. Sorry I don't remember falling asleep though."

I shook my head, looking back up at him with disbelief.

"Don't apologize; it must have taken you forever to do this, thank you"

I pushed myself up from the floor, ignoring Neco's outstretched hand but instead grabbing him and pulling him into a big hug.

"Thank you so much, it would have taken me forever to do that. Come on let's go and see if there's any food we can have before we meet the others."

Neco stood nodding his head in silent agreement, his face was bright red and he stammered to get words out, I just burst out laughing, grabbed his hand and dragged him out the door. I slammed the door shut locking it and pocketed my key. I started running down the hall without waiting on Neco but he soon caught up with me.