Chapter 31

Neco was now shaking me and shouting something at me. I pulled my eyes away from where the girl had been standing and looked at Neco beginning to hear his frantic yelling.

"A! What is it?!"

I shook my head and felt my heart rate lower, I raised a shaking hand and pointed behind him.

"There was a girl, from outside. I killed her, she was there. She's dead, but she was there."

He looked over his shoulder at the empty space in front of me.

"There's no one there Aima, its ok there's no one there."

I shook my head, both to reject his words and to shake the image of the girl from my mind. I felt the tears run down my face again, only this time it was purely out of fear.

"Calm down Aima, there's no one there." His voice had lost his urgency and he had put his arms around me, calming me down.

"I saw her, I swear she was there, she was coming to get me."

"Well she's gone now, it's ok she's gone now."

I felt myself clutching at his shirt as my fear began to dissipate, he pushed me back slightly to look me in the eye.

"I'm here, she can't hurt you, I promise."

I gulped and nodded my head, I still feared the ominous picture which was imprinted in my head of the girl but I ignored it and tried to focus on Neco and his words. He was saying something but I wasn't paying enough attention to register the words, I watched his mouth form meaningless words. I found the process mesmerizing, then he leant towards me, he quickly kissed me before I could register what was actually happening, I felt myself recoil at first from shock before allowing myself to go along with the moment. After what felt like a long time both of us jumped as the dinner bell seemed to explode throughout the room. Neco looked down at me, his face was a little red, and I felt myself responding in the same fashion. He pushed himself up but I pulled on his shirt causing him to fall back onto the couch.

"Please stay, I don't want to go and I don't want to be alone."

He looked at me with a sad, pitying look which made me feel sick but it was true, I was too scared to stay on my own.

"I think you need something to eat, I'll go down and get Mick to give me some stuff to bring up here, and I won't be too long I promise."

"Please I don't want to be on my own."

I felt a whine enter my voice but I couldn't care less at the moment.

"Here, let's do this, do you have your phone."

I pulled it out of my pocket and handed it over to him. He jabbed a number into it then handed it back.

"There, that's my number, call me and I'll talk to you while I'm gone. You won't really be on your own then. OK?"

I nodded hesitantly then he got up and quickly left before I could change my mind. Once I heard the door close I felt my chest begin to tighten and I feared the imaginary movement which happened out of the corner of my eye. I almost jumped off the couch as my phone went off, I relaxed as I picked it up to hear Neco's voice.

"You ok?"

I relaxed back into the couch, comforted by the sound of his voice.

"Yeah, now at least. I'm sorry for being like this, I don't know what's up with me."

"Don't worry about it, we can figure out what it is later. I just don't want to see you that scared, it doesn't suit you I mean you're as tough as nails."