37.

- Haniya -
We arrived at the event, it was a beautiful mansion. As I stepped out of the car, I took a moment to look around the whole place. Even with all the people around it, it looked magnificent.

The brown exterior was screaming, rich, and expensive. I was still looking at it when I felt someone's hand touching my back. I jerked forward, only tonsee it was Ali who was there.

I had to be careful and start getting his trust. As much as I wanted to be planets away from him, I needed to play cool right now.

I calmed myself, smiling. I looked back at Ali, who also passed me a smile before returning his hand on my back.

We walked in, passing all the elegant and rich dressed people. Instantly, we caught the attention of everyone there. I felt like I was being judged and watched as we walked, while Ali looked confident and powerful.

I kept my gaze on the ground as I walked with him. We walked across the hall, talking to other people there. I came to know that a lot of people there were Mafia leaders and CEOs who were allies with Ali.

I wasn't interested in much with what Ali was talking about to people, I spent most of my time looking around the hall, taking in the decor.

After a while, we were standing by each other. "You seem bored." He said, not looking my way. "No, I'm fine. I'm just amazed by the beautiful room." I replied.

"I see. Well, if you want, we can move in here after we get married." He said back, looking at me. "What do you mean move in here?" I asked, looking back at him, shocked. "Well, this is one of my guest houses, I use it for hosting events, and these days, I'm working here too." He replied. I nodded.

Another couple soon approached us and started talking to Ali again. I got thirsty and bored, and I excused myself.

I stood near the drink table, away from everyone. I was slowly enjoying my water. It calmed my nerves.

"Lame party." I heard someone speak behind me. "I agree." I replied, turning around to see who it was. "Zaid bhai?" I stood shocked to see him there. "The one and only."

"How are you here?" I asked, confused. "I got invited, and thus I'm here." He answered. "No- that's not what I mean. Where have you been for months?" I asked, happy and surprised to see him after so long.

"Oh, that, I was away in Islamabad for something, and then I came back around six months ago, maybe five." He answered. "Oh." I answered. "How about you? How are you these days?" He asked. I didn't know how to answer that, I didn't know where to start.

"I see you got the invitation, Zaid." I heard Ali's cold voice from behind me. Soon, I felt his arms on my waist. Making me uncomfortable.

"Yes, I couldn't let it go to waste." Zaid bhai replied, equally cold as Ali. Ali hummed in response. "Make sure not to let my wedding invitation go to waste either. Haniya would like to see you there." He said, I looked at him in hate, trying to remove his hand off my waist, but it was useless since his grip was so strong.

"If there is a wedding to attend in the first place." Zaid bhai replied. Ali went quiet, as both of them silently glared at each other. I wanted anything to happen to leave right now.

As they continued glaring at each other, someone bumped into me, causing my drink to fall on my dress. This caught Ali attention, to which he removed his hand.

"I'm going to dry this." I said, happy I escaped that situation. I walked down the hall, trying to find the bathroom. Thankfully, it was water, so it wouldn't stain my outfit.

After trying three doors and none of them being the bathroom, I opened the last door in the corridor.

I opened the door, the smell of wood instantly hitting. I looked around the room. It looked like a study or an office. I was about to turn back when I saw picture frames on the table.