Chapter 28 - Leah

I stayed still while Blood Alpha Brian Kelly had everyone frozen, as my status is still a well-kept secret. Once he released his power, I kept close to my father.

I listened to the conversation between my sister and her destined mate. I felt my father and Brian there, too. It was heartbreaking to hear her cries, but I was shocked that this pack wolf would go without a mate rather than see her harmed.

She would die if rejected, but most wolves wouldn't care. They would reject her anyway so they could find a more suitable mate. Most Littles don't have sex unless they spend equal time in an adult headspace. Grace does because of her status and mission as an Elemental, but he doesn't know that. He wanted her anyway, even if she could never give him that side of being a mate.

"I will find a way," I told my father and Brian. I felt their wordless agreement.

All noted my mother's entrance and Brian's announcement that he was the father of Nicolas. Everyone was stunned by these interruptions, so very few were focused on the sleeping wolves at my feet. My mind only picked up three; all were of Lachlan's family.

Kayla was not surprised by Brian's words, so all went well there, except for the growl from her mate as she hugged his father.

My attention was pulled back as I felt the human minds of our captives fall asleep, too. I looked at Brian, curious about what he would do next.

"Hey, Doc! Can you grab a blanket from her room?" He called out.

As Doc walked away from the portal, I saw his plan forming in my head. I sat down next to Mother and started several discussions with the other Mahani Blood Alphas and their next in line, if there was one.

It would take an Alpha Command from each of them, but it could be done. The process would take several weeks and be physically and mentally painful for Lachlan. And it's still untried, just based on previous experiences.

Would he or his Blood Alpha approve?

Doc walked through the portal, holding the red and yellow flowered blanket from Grace's bed. She has several of these in different colors. It's not a favorite, but it would still be soaked in her scent. Perfect.

Brian waved away the link between the two as Doc covered Lachlan's lower half with the blanket. My mother shifted, picked up Grace, and walked to the portal.

"I'm truly sorry for all of this, Blood Alpha Sinclair. We will do everything in our power to remedy this situation." She said sadly as she hugged the sleeping puppy.

"I have no doubt, Luna Cooper," Alex responded.

"Lily, please." Alex nodded to her as she walked through the portal. It closed behind her as all the boxes were now on this side.

"We are currently in talks with all of the Mahani Blood Alphas. There is a theory based on things that have worked. We are working through it and should have an answer soon. In the meantime, this blanket should keep him calm. We ask for something similar for his mate. Once the scent fades, we will switch them, as they will have the new scent of their mate on them. Eventually, they will smell only of each other unless they are washed." My father told Blood Alpha Sinclair.

It's a smart move. It should help keep them sane now that they've met.

"I recommend having Will get the blanket. His scent is known to her and shouldn't interfere." I interjected. Hopefully, Doc's scent won't bother Lachlan much.

"I agree. Kayla?" He didn't realize she was standing behind him.

"I'll go get him now." She said.

Within a few minutes, Will appeared carrying a plastic tote with a cover on it. I could see the blanket inside. Before I could ask, he spoke up.

"This had her favorite building blocks inside, so it had her scent. Leah, you're going to fix this, right? She's going to be okay?" He was trying to sound brave, but his age was showing.

"We will do everything we can, Will. I promise you that." Blood Alpha Kelly said.

"POP!" Will yelled as he turned toward the sound and then jumped into his grandfather's arms.

"Pop! Pop!" came from Debra as she ran out the side door of the castle.

"My little Princess! Give Pop a kiss!"

Blood Alpha Kelly leaned down and picked her up while still holding Will. She leaned in and kissed him before doing something so outrageous that we all stared. She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand before yelling, "Yuck!"

Her grandfather looked crestfallen.

"You don't like my kisses?" he said slowly.

"All Blood Alpha's get yucky kisses, Pop. Didn't you know that?"

He looked to Will, who was trying his best not to laugh and failing. His one-word explanation said it all.

"Doc."

The troublemaker herself snatched up the tote before popping open a portal.

"Gotta go!" The ring closed as soon as she went through it.

"That girl and her pranks..." my father said as he ran his hands down his face.

"At least that's better than the last one," Nicolas stated. "She taught them to flick boogers across the room whenever someone new entered it."

"I'm just happy she stopped using glitter bombs," I interjected, shaking my head. "They are impossible to clean up."

My father just sighed while turning to Blood Alpha Sinclair.

"Please believe me that what you see is just her way of blowing off steam. She is a professional when it comes to our job."

Alex seemed to think on this momentarily before letting out a small smile.

"I guess it's better than other things she could do."

A loud snore interrupted the conversation as everyone turned back to the enormous wolf that had his nose in the flowered cover.

"Shift!"

Blood Alpha Sinclair's command rang out even though it was only directed at Lachlan. His wolf immediately receded, and the blanket covered most of him.

"I'll carry him up as I don't think it wise to get anyone else's scent on that blanket. Sam, I'll check in with you in a couple of hours."

We were being dismissed.

Blood Alpha Kelly put his grandpups down and told them he would see them at the ceremony next week before waving to all as he stepped back through his portal.

My father opened one for us, leading to his home and Grace.

*******

Doc strikes again.
--April