Chapter 5

Brianna gets in the front seat of the car and we head off to a local restaurant. This is the first time I've been out in years. We arrive at the restaurant and Brianna turns to look at me.

"Are you ready to finally give Connor a chance?" She says. I nod and we get out of the car and walk up to the building. It looks way nicer than I expected. We step inside and already guys are starting to check out Brianna. Of course they are. A woman approaches us and Brianna tells her of our reservations with Connor. The woman leads us back to where Connor is seated. He looks up at me and his eyes widen.

"You look stunning," he says. I blush and thank him, also complimenting him on his appearance. He does clean up well. He's wearing a white shirt with a dark jacket over it and a pair of nice pants. His hair looks perfect. Its not until I sit down that I actually notice how nice his eyes look. They are a light hazel with dashes of blue and green.

"Wow someones in love," Brianna says loudly to me. I shoot her a look. She smirks and looks back at Connor.

"You like her right?" She says.

He runs his hand through his hair awkwardly and looks around nervously.

"Brianna stop," I say. She laughs and the waiter comes around to take our order.

"Ill take 3 Piña Coladas," says Brianna. And everything worsens by the minute. Brianna just won't let this whole "liking" thing go.

"You guys should just hook up. See how things..go," she says laughing, obviously drunk out of her mind. Connor looks like he is about to just get up and leave. I beat him to it.

"You know, I think I'm just going to go. Thanks for having me here, and I'm sorry, but I just can't handle this," I say. I stand up, grab my purse, and walk out. I regret it immediately, but I don't care. I just needed to get out of there. And get away from Brianna. She's crazy! Out of her mind! I exit the building and look around to find somewhere to go. I know I can't leave, because I'm probably going to have to drive Brianna home. I spot a bar down the street and walk there.

As I step inside I can feel the atmosphere change. Now instead of being with one drunk, I'm surrounded by about 100. But at least these guys don't know me. I find a seat at the bar and order a strawberry margarita. I'm just going to have one drink, then I'll go back and get Brianna, and leave. The bartender hands me my drink and I take a longing gulp. Its good. Its really good. I take another drink and set the glass down on the table. This night has been terrible. I hope Connor doesn't hate me even more for leaving. But he has to understand, he was about to leave, himself. Now he's all alone with Brianna. I'm an awful person.

I finish my drink and start walking towards the door, but instead run face-first into a man and fall down.

"Oh god, I'm sorry!" He looks at me and gives me a hand to help me up. I gaze at him, my head throbbing.

"It was my faul-" I stare at him. He must be the most beautiful man I've ever seen. He has gorgeous short brown hair and bright green eyes. He is gorgeous.

"Are you okay?" He smiles.

"Yeah I'm fine now, thanks for helping me up," I say smiling. He smiles back and says,

"My name is Tyler. Do you want me to get you a drink?"

I can't. I know I can't. I have to go back to the bar and help out Connor. Hes probably being tortured right now.

"I'm Kaitlin, and I'm sorry, but I can't. I'd love to, but my friend Brianna is at a restaurant completely drunk, and I just left a guy with her," I say. He looks slightly hurt by this.

"Well can I at least get your number? I'd love to get to know you Kaitlin," he says.

"Sure," I say smiling once again. I write down my number on a piece of paper and hand it to him without breaking eye contact.

"You have amazing eyes," he says taking the piece of paper from my hands.

"Not anymore amazing than yours," I say. He starts to lean in and my heart starts pounding in my chest. I push back.

"I'm sorry, I really have to go," I say. I turn around and walk out quickly, without looking back.

I walk into the restaurant again to see my table completely empty. I walk up to an employee,

"Have you seen a brown haired man and blonde woman? They were sitting over there a while ago," I say pointing to the table.

"Yeah they just left," he says. I run towards the door again and don't see them anywhere. There are only a few cars in the parking lot, Brianna's and no others that I can recognize. Connor must've taken Brianna back to the campus. Luckily Brianna gave me a key to her car a while ago. I pull it out of my purse and get into the car. Then I start to head back to our home. I get there and see Connor's red car parked next to where Brianna usually parks. I quickly park and head inside the building and find our room. I step inside and see Connor sitting on my bed with his head in his hands. He looks up at me tiredly.

"Connor, I'm so sorry again. I owe you big time for this," I say. He smiles halfheartedly,

"Its fine. Brianna is in the bathroom. She got sick." I look at him and can tell that he's had a horrible night. I walk over to him and sit on the bed.

He smiles at me,

"You know, I was just about to leave the restaurant before you did." I laugh and look into his eyes. He smiles again and lightly pulls in and kisses me. He touches my face, still kissing me, and pulls back slightly. I look into his hazel eyes and, because he's just given me my first kiss, I kiss him again.