Chapter 9

Almost immediately after i leave court, I receive a call from my college. They tell me that they no longer want me staying on their campus, because of the danger I could bring to the hundreds of students there. I have until tomorrow to grab all of my stuff from my room and be on my way. I decide that it is probably best to get all of my stuff now, so I drive over to the campus and head inside the building, to my room. I step inside and see that half of the room has been marked off for investigation. There are 3 cops inside the room, and they are all closely examining the many details of that side of the room. I slowly step over to the other side of the room and grab my clothes, pictures, makeup, and other necessities. I shove all of them into my suitcase and quietly leave the room. I can't handle being in that room. All of the bad memories flood my memory every time I see it. Brianna used to go everywhere with me, so I can't seem to get her out of my mind. No matter what I do, or where I go, I can't stop seeing the horrible images in my head. Her lifeless body, Tyler standing over her, like an animal over its prey. I don't know how I will be able to get through the rest of my life without her.

Since my old house has been recently put on the market, and sold to a new family, I need to find a place to stay. I browse the city for hotels to stay in, and come across a nice, cheap one where I can stay. I drive over there and settle into my room. After i finish unpacking, i plop down onto the bed. I roll over onto my side and fall into a deep sleep...

I'm running in the middle of the night. The cold wind hits my face, and as I inhale I can smell the salty air. I must be next to some sort of ocean. The many trees pass by me, and i continue to dart through the humid air. I come to a stop, and take a deep, much needed breath. My heartbeat finally slows from its once quickened pace and I walk over to a large rock and sit down. I carefully take the sleeve of my shirt and wipe the falling sweat from my forehead.

A twig snaps in the distance and I briskly stand up and start to back away in the opposite direction. I hear a rustling from a bush nearby, and out runs Tyler. He speeds towards me, and I rapidly turn around and start my running again. He leaps forward and tackles me toward the ground. My face slams against the moist dirt and he flips me onto my back.

"It's all over now," he says, and he springs his hands onto my throat.

I scream and sit up, instantly transported back into my bed. My breathing is rapid and I am in a cold sweat. Everything was so real. The tears start to spill down my face before I can stop them and I put my head into my hands and sob myself to sleep. I'm not sure how much time passes, but when I wake up, its the dead of night. I raise myself from the bed and trudge into the bathroom. I look in the mirror at my frazzled expression, poufy hair, and my red face. I turn on the sink and splash some water on my face, before returning to my bed. I can't fall asleep again, not after a nightmare like that. I grab the remote and switch on the television. Only one channel is available, The News. It's boring, but I decide to watch it anyway. I lay back down and try to relax myself, and a story appears on the TV.

"Another attempt to escape the city prison has occurred tonight," the announcer says, "And they succeeded." They flash the picture on the screen, and there he is; Tyler has escaped again.