--08--

(Carter's POV - what happened when he stormed out of the house)

The moment I stormed out of the house, I regretted it. Why had I said those things to her when all she had done was try to help me?

It didn't help that I found her incredibly attractive and her touch was enough to give me a heart attack.

I walked around for a bit, imagining her hands in my hair like she had done before.

Well, shit.

I wouldn't mind breaking the rules I put in place for myself last year to date her. She really was the world's most perfect human being.

But the last time you dated someone it was her. The lying traitor.
Have you seen Astrid?
Well you've screwed up your only shot with her now.

I felt my fists clench as I walked to the park, the memories coming back. At the park, Kaitlyn was there with a random guy, called Josh I think.

Kaitlyn was so obviously fake crying about someone that I eavesdropped on their conversation.

"So you're telling me, Kaity, my love, this bitch Astrid-" he said, but didn't get much further because I appeared.

"What are you saying about her?" I asked him, shooting a deadly look at her.

"Mind your own business." Kaitlyn butted in.

That bitch.

"You're talking about Astrid so no." I turned back to the guy. "Take it back."

"No. What is she, your girl?"

"What if she is? What would you do then?"

He laughed to himself, shaking his head. If looks could kill, he would be dead in less than a second.

"Have you heard the rumors, that she's a slu-"

I punched him straight in the nose, how fucking dare he speak about her like that.

And then we might have got into a fight.

--

Before I could permanently rid him of having kids, Jordan came along and pulled me back, having a full on rant at me about it.

"Carter," he pinched the bridge of his nose, "why are you fighting that idiot?"

"He said something rude about Assi." I muttered, barely audible.

"You really like her, don't you?" he asked, shaking his head at me with a grin. I didn't respond, which made him smile harder and poke me in the ribs.

"Yeah...I guess but I don't want another heartbreak." I admitted to him, his reaction was enough to make me want to smack him.

"Carter, go get your girl. The tension when you two fought, bro. But if you fucking hurt her, I'll break your face. That girl is the closest thing I've had to a sister since Maggie moved away and turned into a whole other person, so don't screw this up."