--17--

A month later, I found a job. It was this little cafe bookshop by a pottery painting place, and it was really cute and aesthetic. It looked like if Pinterest was a place.

My first shift was straight after school, when Aiden and Carter had ice hockey practice. After talking to me at Christmas, Carter decided to do it again and Aiden joined to he wouldn't be lonely. Jordan was coming with me, to keep me safe and 'study'.

We got in his car, and I took the aux cord, putting some Taylor Swift on and some Olivia Rodrigo. He taps the steering wheel to the beat, bobbing his head slightly.

I watched him with a smile, knowing I've changed his music taste for the better. In my opinion, that is. London Boy played, so we sang along for the last five minutes of the journey, using random shit as microphones.

We arrived at my new job, in good moods, smiles filling our faces. We did a quick check for anyone we knew, the coast clear as we got out of the car.

I walked in, Jordan trailing behind me slightly as he scoped the area, making sure that no one I knew was near. He gave me a quick nod, as he went to sit in the corner and I had to go to the counter, to sign in.

I walked up there, a teenage boy with brown hair and brown eyes immediately glaring at me. He had braces, and acne on his cheek, and he kept trying to hide it, making it obvious that was his main insecurity. It didn't change anything in my eyes, but the glare did. I didn't do anything to him.

"Hey. What can I get you?" he asked, keeping his tone cold and his eyes icy.

"It's actually my first day here, to work and the manager said she needs to-"

"Betty! The new girl's here!" he shouted, cutting me off and lifting up the counter, so I could go behind it.

An old woman came running towards me, her ponytail flying all around as she pulled me into a hug. I froze, not loving it but she didn't seem to notice.

"Hi! I'm Betty, you must be Astrid, you'll be waiting tables today please. You have two shifts a week, every hour you work for you get paid £10 at the end of the week. Grab an apron and a notepad from the back and go to the booths at the back first. Thank you, darling."

I gave her a smile, walking to the back and picking up the black apron, a pen and a flippy notepad. I found a new page, and walked straight to the booths. Jordan was sitting at one, so I went to him first and got his order, walking back to the kitchen to hand it to them.

"Hey." one of my colleagues whispered to me, she had ginger hair and green eyes, she looked about 5 foot 2. "Who's the guy you walked in with? Your boyfriend?"

"One of my close friends. Nah, my boyfriend's doing Hockey practice. Why? You interested?" I teased with a smile, and she blushed bright red.

"He's cute."

"The next order is his, take it to him and have a conversation. Say something about Call of Duty or Fast and Furious or something. Don't flirt to heavily. Good luck." I sent her a wink, and she smiled at me, taking the order over to him.

I watched as they got along, they both were laughing and joking around. I smiled, knowing Jordan was reserved around most people.

--

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Scarlett squealed at me, once it was the end of the shift.

Turned out, the red head (Scarlett) and Jordan got along very well and had plans to go to the movies some time. She was my new friend, and Jordan's possible girlfriend.

I gave her a smile, telling her I'll see her next week, and she gave me a squeal again, before running off to talk to Betty.

I walked over to Jordan, my eyebrows raised when we walked out of the cafe.

"So, you got a trip to the movies?" I teased, poking him in the arm. I saw him blush a little, and looked at him in shock. "Did Jordan just BLUSH?"

He smacked me around the head playfully, and I shoved him back. We got into the car, and I played love songs by Taylor Swift because I wanted to tease him some more.

We were going to pick up Aiden and Carter because my shift ended twenty minutes before their practice did, and they were twenty minutes away from my work.

We sang along to Love Story, pulling into the car park while Carter and Aiden walked out. They saw the car, and came running towards it.

Before I knew what was happening, Carter picked me up and swirled me around in a hug, burying his sweaty face into my neck. He kissed my cheek, my forehead and my nose before putting me back down again.

"Did something happen?" I asked, mainly because he wasn't usually like this in front of Aiden and Jordan.

"Yeah. Some bitch was flirting with him and he told her he was taken and she was like 'your girlfriend doesn't need to know' and slipped her number into his pocket and kept laughing at touching his bicep and stuff." Aiden informed me, with a smile on his face.

"Looks like I need to go show her what's mine." I gestured to Carter, pulling him with me so we could go find this girl. "Jordan's going on a date!" I shouted back to Aiden, innocently smiling at Jordan.

We walked over to the rink, where a girl was sitting on the benches. She was pretty, dark brown hair and bright blue eyes. She was sitting on her phone, and looked up when she heard someone enter.

She smiled flirtily when she saw him, but it turned into a scowl the moment she saw our hands interlocked.

"Hey! This is my boyfriend." I pointed at him, kissing his cheek.

"This is my girlfriend!" he pointed at me, kissing my cheek. "I'll see you next week, Lou. For practice." He waved, and we walked away.

--

"You were so jealous." Carter said, laying down in his double bed while I grabbed my clothes, to go and change in the bathroom.

"I wasn't."

"You were."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Yes."

"No."

"Haha! You agreed." I poked him in the arm, running off to the bathroom so I could get changed for bed.

I walked back into his room, turning off the light and laying down next to him. He kissed my forehead, pulling me into him, my head on his chest, his head on mine.

"Goodnight, beautiful." he whispered, softly stroking my hair with his calloused fingers.

"Goodnight, handsome." I replied, melting into him.

I closed my eyes, syncing my breaths with his while we both drifted off to sleep.

A/N
word count: 1219

Hey! Thanks for reading! We got to over 200 reads overnight and I just wanna say THANK YOUUU.

It took me a while to do this chapter, but the next one will be better, I promise.

Random Question - are you an introvert, ambivert or an extrovert?

See you Tuesday.
Love ya

xoxo