Chapter 36: Kiss of Death

A/N: Please note the following chapter contains: Violence, murder, severe emotional manipulation! As always solve your real world problems with effective communication strategies and do not do anything the characters do in this book! (Well besides Eunie consoling others, that's ok!)

——Vincent——

——Vincent——

I stood in my condo, looking at the floors that I had been sweeping for nearly an hour. With all that hard work, the thick layer of gray that covered the floor was finally gone, only to reveal wooden boards as gray as the dust that once obscured them. This revelation made every goddamn creak under my feet sound as if they were mocking me.

I still can't believe this is what they came up with to have me break a sweat before Meryl's deranged ass gets here. Sure, we had some things we set up at the mill to keep it cool in the warehouse, but making me clean this damn place with no AC? In a heatwave. I might have my death reset back, but I'd rather not use it from death by heatstroke!

I pulled out my phone and looked back at the texts from Samara and me going back and forth earlier.

|Samara:

-Hello, I need you to get back to your place in case Meryl arrives before 7PM. Let me know when you're there.

|Vincent:

-Ok

If only I knew what her plan was.

|Vincent:

-I made it back to my condo. Why did you need me here so early?

|Samara:

-You break a sweat at the Mill?

|Vincent:

-Not really. We had the climate controllers on. I also got the AC on here.

|Samara:

-So switch that off, open some windows, and get busy cleaning. You got to compel her and you can only do that if you sweat, cause the pheromone cloud is too obvious.

|Vincent:

-What the hell am I supposed to clean with? this place is empty!

-Did you really just use Instant to make a broom and a box of trash bags pop up in front of me?

|Samara:

-That was Sammy. He said it's his housewarming gift to you.

-He also said take some of that energy you used to evict that ghost squatter and put it towards cleaning the place.

-Besides, I remember you telling that chatter box in the condo office that you wanted to wow Cami with everything you got done by the time she gets back. You think this is gonna wow her? After she spent, how much?