chapter 1 👑

Kingdom of Korea: One of the richest countries in the world, ruled by a monarch. A land where ancient traditions harmoniously blend with modern advancements. Nestled amidst towering skyscrapers and remarkable monuments, this metropolitan realm thrives as a beacon of progress in the year 2023.

The landscape is adorned with sky-high buildings and intricate bridges that connect bustling urban centers.

Ruled by the Jeons, this country is a paradise on earth, a mixture of modernity and culture intricately blended. Every year, this country hosts tourists fascinated by its charm, also contributing to the country's GDP.

"Sir, please stand here," a security lady said to the man in a royal blue suit standing in front of the palace entrance, his hair elegantly set, exuding elegance.

"Yes, the same process always," the man chirped, smiling as the lady checked him. His contagious smile spread to everyone at the entrance.

"Even the prime minister is checked," a man said, approaching the prime minister being checked inside the palace.

This new arrival, in a khaki suit with well-set hair, wore a friendly smile on his lips.

"Guess what? The home minister himself is here to take me inside the palace," the prime minister said, smiling.

"You don't need to check the prime minister," the home minister ordered the security.

"No, Prince Jimin, they are doing their best job. It's best to keep security tight; we don't want anything to happen like last week."

"Yes, Hobi hyung, you're right, I guess," Jimin said seriously.

"So, you're here. I guess we can start with the meeting," he added.

"Yes, so this meeting, I guess, will end up with some solutions," Prime Minister Jung Hoseok said, walking towards the palace. They both disappeared into the palace, crossing the gigantic garden leading to the meeting hall.

"Good morning, Your Royal Highness," the prime minister bowed while shaking hands with the crown prince.

"Good morning, sir," the crown prince replied, smiling.

All the important ministers were present in the meeting, with the crown prince seated on a big throne-like chair at the extreme end of the meeting table. The prime minister sat to his left, and the second prince/home minister to his right.

The meeting progressed, discussing vital matters in every field.

"Your Royal Highness, we need to increase security for the third prince," Jimin suggested to his brother, Crown Prince Jeon Namjoon.

"Add security around him. Keep a guard around him 24/7. Second prince, I want you to persuade the third prince to keep a personal bodyguard, as he listens to you," the crown prince ordered.

"Rest assured, Your Royal Highness," Prince Jimin said, elegantly bowing.

The meeting continued.

"Hey, did you hear? The third prince was attacked."

"Seriously? He's the easiest to attack. But who attacked him?"

"Don't know. It was as if they wanted to kidnap him."

"Thinking of kidnapping our prince? Have they gone nuts? Don't they know how powerful our defense system is?"

Two girls were gossiping in the cafe about the events of the previous week.

Kim Taehyung was listening to the gossip, waiting for his sister in the cafe. This gossip was common among the public. Even news reporters couldn't stop talking about it. There were debates about the possibilities and reasons behind the attack and how the attacker managed to reach the prince despite tight security, giving their verdicts.

Taehyung was listening to the girls when a high-pitched voice disturbed him, and he was slapped on the head by the owner of the voice.

"You brat, didn't even bother visiting your noona after coming back to Korea."

"Noona, stop with your complaining; I'm already tired," the man said, looking bored.

"Taehyung, we're meeting after so many years; can't you just hug me already?"

Taehyung scoffed and stood up, somehow hugging his elder sister, meeting her after  2 years.

"It's not like I didn't FaceTime you," he added.

"Brat, shut up and let me rejoice this moment," she said with tears in her eyes.

"Noona, stop; just sit down. I need you to help me with something."

"First, tell me, is it the time?" she asked, settling in her chair.

"Yes, it's the time," he said with a soft smile.

"Taehyung, are you happy with all of this? You don't have to do it if you don't want to," she said with concern.

"Jenni noona, it's my job. I was destined to do this job. I have been training for it. I will love doing it. I am bound to serve the royals; it's my duty," he assured his sister.

"Appa would be so proud of you today. I know he is watching us from above," she said, sobbing.

"Noona, stop, you're snorting," Taehyung said, making a disgusted face.

"Stop it, brat. Tell me, will you meet me again?" she asked, sobbing.

"Noona, it's not the 17th century. I have my holidays; it's not like I am going to be locked in the palace like a prisoner," he chuckled at his dramatic sister.

Jenni somehow stopped sobbing after drinking a mango shake.

"You wanted my help with something?" Jenni remembered her purpose for meeting her brother.

"Oh, yes, noona, please take care of Yeontan for me and somehow my apartment too," he said sheepishly smiling.

"So, you want me to do domestic work?" she raised her eyebrow.

"Okay, tell me your price," Taehyung said in a monotone.

"Well, 20k won per cleaning, and Yeontan is my baby too, so I will take care of him for free, being the good aunt I am," she said.

The siblings were interrupted by Taehyung's phone ringing.

"Hello?" Taehyung answered the phone.

"Is this Mr. Kim Taehyung?" a girl's voice asked from the other side.

"Yes."

"Sir, we are speaking from the royal security team; the second prince wants you to visit," the girl said.

"Okay," Taehyung replied in a monotone, putting the phone away.

"Who was it, Tae?" Jenni asked.

"Time to work, noona," he said, heading towards his Mercedes to reach the royal palace.

                                👑