Taylor Hernandez x F. Reader

Request: Yes

Thank you @Lousie228491 for the request!

Regular AU/Phantoms
Bad writing
Not really romantic/more platonic feeling

[F/n] for Female Name
[L/N] for Last Name

----

It was a casual Friday, the group was chilling in the school bus. [F/n] had her headphones in, sitting on the school bus floor. The group was discussing the next thing to do while they were in the other dimension and this time, [F/n] was paying attention, despite drawing in her notebook.

It wasn't a secret that [F/n] had autism but sometimes, the group had difficulty understanding her. 'Ashlyn..' [F/n] thought as she drew in her notebook. 'She probably has autism too. Aiden probably does as well but he probably got diagnosed.' She continued to think. (THIS IS MY OWN HEADCANON!!). But Taylor tried in particular to understand and help [F/n], resulting in them being close friends.

"Oi, [F/n]" Tyler called her. She snapped out of her thoughts and looked at him. She tilted her head in a questioning tone. Tyler grumbled and pointed to the whiteboard although she knew Tyler wasn't mad at her, he just acted like that sometimes.

[F/n] turned her attention to the whiteboard where Ashlyn was writing down the roles of everyone in case things went south. "Alright [F/n], what do you think you can do?" She thought for a moment. Aiden was going to be with Ashlyn wherever she went, and Logan was on gun duty, so that left Ben, Tyler, and Taylor to hold weapons. Although, she didn't know if she was good with weapons.

She quickly scribbled something in her notebook then she showed it to Ashlyn who quickly read it. "I'm not sure. I'd prefer to be with Taylor or Tyler but I might not be handy with weapons." was what she wrote. Ashlyn nodded and went to the crate of weapons.

She dug around for something light and quick before holding up a regular metal bat. "Do you think you can use this?" She asked. "Usually I use this but I already have a role." [F/n] thought and nodded, holding a handmade communication card for when she didn't want to talk or was starting to feel overstimulated. All the card had was a thumbs up but it still made Ashlyn both relieved and pleased.

"A bat?" Aiden spoke questioningly. "Why not something that has more of an impact?" Tyler rolled his eyes, speaking for [F/n]. "A bat is both light and still has an impact." He said. Aiden rolled his eyes, disagreeing. "Guys, let's not fight..." Taylor tried to calm the two down but the argument started to get heated.

"We all know that [F/n] isn't good with weapons but with a little training, she can hold anything just fine!" Aiden spoke to Tyler who gritted his teeth and shot back. "It doesn't matter, if [F/n] doesn't like it then she's not going to touch it!" Aiden rolled his eyes back and soon their argument got louder and more aggressive.

[F/n] was starting to feel overstimulated. Although she had her headphones in, she tried to cover her ears with her hands but it didn't work. She could still hear them. Tears lined her eyes as she brought her knees to her chest. Her hands were shaking and she tried to calm down but because of the argument, it didn't work.

"Just because you think it's okay, doesn't mean it is," Aiden grumbled with a dangerous smile. "Oh, but bothering someone to the point of anger is okay? You really need to learn personal space! And now to not be so annoying!" Tyler shot back. "Oh shut up! You're always loud and yelling!" Then everyone else started raising their voice.

Taylor trying to deescalate the situation, Logan (pathetically) helping, Aiden and Tyler arguing, Ashlyn trying to calm the two (her beef with Tyler didn't help much...). It was too much noise. 'So loud...' [F/n] thought.

Finally, [F/n] couldn't take it anymore. Tears were streaming down her face as she ran out of the bus. She ended up behind one of the buses, out of sight, and walking around. She started to stim her hands around (does that make sense?) but continued crying. She was still shaking and trembling as she tried to calm herself down.

Her head was getting dizzy, her eyesight blurring.  She kept walking around, her body still shaking and her hands still trembling before she stood still in the middle of a slightly hidden area, surrounded by abandoned busses.

"[F/n?]" She heard Taylor's voice. She turned to her but there were multiple Taylor's. "Tay...lord..?" [F/n]'s voice rasped before her vision blackened. The last thing she saw was Taylor running to her.

It was dark. And comfortable. 'Am I dead?' Was [F/n]'s first thought. She shifted in her position, feeling something soft and plushy on her cheek. She let out a silent hum, pressing her face closer to the soft and plushy thing.

Her hands were still trembling and her legs were still shaking from fear. "Sh, shh, it's okay." A soft voice whispered in [F/n]'s ear, one that she recognized as Taylor.

Taylor. Her best friend. [F/n] may or may not have a crush on her friend, she wasn't so sure. She was with the Hernandez twins for as long as she could remember, they were always by her side. Taylor with his rough exterior, rude language and angry scowl on his face. Taylor with her soft edges, gentle words and soft polite smile.

[F/n] liked both of them. As friends.

"Hey, wake her up." Someone yelled, to which they were promptly hit on the head. Aiden and Ashlyn no doubt. "Be nicer." [F/n] heard Tyler say. "Taylor can wake her up." He spoke again.

[F/n] was gently shaken up. "[F/n]. It's time to wake up." Taylor spoke softly, gently shaking the female. [F/n] groaned softly, turning around but still lying down. "Please at least open your eyes so we know you're awake." She added.

[F/n] lipped something before slowly opening her eyes. She silently whined as she looked up. She was on Taylor's lap. She let out a surprised squeak, bolting up and repeatedly bowing up and down as an apology. "It's okay!" Taylor laughed, pulling [F/n] in for a hug before she laid down and snuggled with her.

"Alright. Now that [F/n]'s awake-" Ashlyn spoke before pausing. "Sorry that was... insensitive. [F/n], are you okay?" The [hair color] girl nodded, laying her head on Taylor's chest. Ashlyn nodded, starting to talk again.

Taylor rubbed [F/n]'s back up and down soothingly, the other girl listening to Taylor's heartbeat. She was paying attention what was happening and what Ashlyn was saying but she was a little bored. And cold.

As if Tyler understood, he draped his jacket over [F/n] and his sister, leaning close to them. [F/n] mumbled something, to which Taylor nodded along as the rest of the group talked.

'I love you guys...' she thought. She wasn't handy with weapons, her autism was dangerous in their currant situations. She could die any day but... if she's with Taylor and Tyler... 'I think I'll be okay.'

——

FINALLY DONE WITH THIS SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG!! I almost kind of got into an accident but I'm fine. I just got this chapter out real quick. Love you guys, I have another draft I'll post soon.

B_R