Chapter 62 - Class Reunion: THE PHOTO (Five)

The first song reaches its ends. But Vincent has no plan to stop. The next song that was played by their guest band has a song titled Destiny by Jim Brickman.

This time, both of her arms rested on Vince's shoulder and both of his palms clasping her slender waist. Their body was pressing each other. Too close that it made her difficult to breathe.

To hide her blushing cheeks, Hailey rested her head on Vince's shoulder. She could not meet his intense gaze either. It feels like, his eyes drawing her into space she knew she should not enter. She's afraid to fall deeper.

"You look lovely in your dress," Vince whispered into her ear.

Hailey parted from Vince and met his eyes. There is sincerity on them. She smiled and thanked him. For her, Vince is such a gentleman. In months, they were living together, he didn't try to take advantage of her. Instead, it's quite the opposite. However, in these passing days, he started acting strange, and she doesn't want to assume that Vince is also falling for her.

How if Zenaida is right? How about one day, Vince finally sees her again? How if he finally found her?

It means Vince's real love has finally arrived. And all of these acts would be only as her wonderful memories.

Hailey closes her eyes. At the moment, she was lost in her thoughts. Once again, she self-pitied herself and consoled herself not to fall too much.

She comprehended that the heartbreak she experienced with Bryan is different from the pain she will feel once she let herself fall for Vince. Because what she felt for Bryan is only brotherly love and Vince is different.

There are many times she wishes, that every intimacy they were acting is real. But in the end, she has to wake up, because, in reality, she is not part of his life.

She is simply His Contractual Mistress.

Hailey lost her enthusiasm for dancing. She asked Vince, "Can we take a seat now?"

"Sure! How about dinner?" Vince queried on their way back to the table he was seated at with his friends.

"Ah... I'm a little hungry, yes." Her excuse. Because what comfort she could only offer to herself is food.

But Vince is acting gentlemanly again. In the end, she cannot escape from his charm.

"Seat here. I'll get you something to eat." said, Vince. He pulled a chair and helped Hailey to sit comfortably. He gathered the hem of her dress and carefully tucked them on her side so that she would not step in on herself.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. I'll ask a server to serve some water."

Hailey observed Vince at the buffet table. She sighed helplessly and hid the sadness in her eyes. Every day, she always works on killing her feelings for him. But every single day, Vince is showing her a reason why she must fall for him.

'And it should not happen.' Her thoughts but not her heart. 'Ah! Stop! You can't decide on your own!' Hailey keeps scolding herself.

Later, Nadia approaches her with a pitcher of water in her hand. She poured the water into a clean glass and offered it to Hailey.

"Thank you, Nads."

"You are very welcome, Madame Shen," Nadia said teasingly which made Hailey dumbfounded for a moment.

"Hey! Don't make a joke like that." She warned the girl. However, she could not hide the smile she tried to conceal.

"You and boss are a perfect match!" Nadia could not stop fangirling and showing how thrilled she was. "Darn! Earlier, when you made a grand entrance, the boss stopped blinking and his eyes couldn't take off from you! His expression was actually caught on camera. And everyone sees it on the large screen."