Chap 4. The chosen one ( part 2)

Mariya Randolph aka Ariana's mom : pov
Life is tough sometimes but not always. We grow through what we go through that is what I thought my daughter. She is a cheerful Little kid . But I regret the days i ignored her because of my own guilt and trauma. She was just a baby who wanted my love care and affection. Our lives changed the day lexar my very inhumane husband left me with my unborn Ariana. I remember the day it was our 5th year anniversary and lexar wanted to throw a grand party . And by grand means a complete ball because he wanted to celebrate the anniversary and even the nearing birth of Ariana. He invited the whole pack including the alpha and the luna the highest ranking of all the werewolves.
Yes you got it right I was a foolish pocket sized female who fell in Love with a werewolf not an ordinary tho . The beta of the  northern moonlight pack. I and lexar met in our college years until then I was all unaware about this hidden world of werewolves. Lexar introduced me to everything after we fell in love. The werewolf community runs very differently than the humans . They pray to the moon goddess and live in packs. I was always a supernatural and sci- fi kid so it was not too much for me to understand and take up all this. Werewolves take a lot of pride in their positions and the second most important thing is their chosen mate. Which they find when they turn 18 and get their wolf. The mate bond is a very strong bond which can't be denied at any cost until and unless you reject your mate by your own will. When I met lexar I was 21 and he was 25 he lost all his hopes of finding a mate and therefore took me as his chosen one we were very happy although I was no werewolf still lexar marked me officially and I felt every thing that he used to feel we were brick strong together. But all this changed on the night of our anniversary. The big ball was open for all the alliance packs Every male and female were there to enjoy and every one was happy they congratulated us and gave me a good luck wish for Ariana's birth process as they all knew that I was not one of them and bearing a pup could be difficult. Lexar was a hybrid of werewolf and lycan which made Ariana freaking strong day by day and i feared that her birth might be my death. But he always encouraged me and was my support system throughout my pregnancy. I was nearing 8 months and soon his pup would be playing in his laps. That is what I dreamt of . But fate had a different story planned. I was standing with lexar attending the guests at the ball and suddenly i observed his behaviour changed he started panicking and looking here and there as if searching for something or someone. I got an idea of what was about to happen but tried to keep my calm. 

*Lexar Randolph aka Ariana's father and Maria's ex husband in the picture*