Chap 5. The ball

" Baby what happened, you don't seem well."  He didn't reply but just removed my hand from his shoulder. That was the first change i noticed and it felt like a truck just ran over me .
" stay here Maria I will be right back , don't go anywhere ok you can't walk properly on your own I hope you know that." He said with a calm face and a small smile. I knew he was trying hard to keep calm and behave Normal but he was fighting something bigger inside. A bigger urge to run away from me and search for his only one his " MATE".
But still I tried to find the positivity in the situation and stayed calm and gave a nod with a smile. He ran as quickly as possible and disappeared in the crowd. It was now almost an hour people started to leave one by one i didn't move an inch from the place where he left me . It was like I was stuck over there . Now there were only few closed ones left at the ball but  still no sight of lexar. And then that happened which I never expected I got a strong pain in my chest as if something broke ..as if a truck just ran over me .. as if I was drowning. And that was enough to tell me what happened. The Mark bond broke and there was only one good reason for this lexar found his mate. But will he leave me in this condition? Was the question running through my mind . With watery eyes I left the place and went home. Luna Lara was the first one to notice. She was a great woman a great leader and a very soft hearted lady. She Called me twice but I was in no condition to answer any call. I just saw my huge belly and cried myself to sleep.
I woke up to the sound of birds hoping to see lexar laying beside me as usual and apologizing to me saying he rejected her for my and her daughter's sake. But my thoughts were wrong when I found my bed side cold and stiff.
I came out of my room after freshening up a little to eat something so as to not kill my baby. And as i entered the kitchen what I saw was more than enough to kill me and my baby then and there .
Lexar was hungrily kissing a tall blonde woman maybe in her 30's or more their age matched to each other. And she was only in her undergarments having her hands all over lexar.
A gasped  left my mouth which was enough to alert them. Lexar suddenly became embarrassed and grabbed a towel kept beside him on the chair and threw it towards the blonde saying cover yourself. She did as said with a smirk on her face.
Lexar came running towards me with eyes full of apology. " Baby I'm sorry I was not able to resist you  know why right? " I hope you understand the situation." He said trying to calm me down.
I was numb I didn't understand what to do and then a sudden urge to kill that lady filled me up but that a sudden urge to kill the lady filled me up but that was taken out on lexar as i slapped him in front of her blonde whore. She went in shock as if I was struck by lightning. With teary eyes I said " is this what you were doing the whole night ? " is she more important than your pup"? You know I'm going to give birth to Ariana very soon lexar how can you do this to me , to us , to our daughter for just a stupid fucking bond.
My words were like daggers he started crying tears forming in his eyes  he said " baby please listen this is not what I wanted , I left my hopes to find a mate long back and you know that right ?  But last night when I smelled her scent my wolf went crazy even if I tried to resist he won't baby he wants his mate I am sorry baby I failed you I failed us. Please stay with me I'll work this out ."  His words somewhat calmed me down that at least he knew he made a mistake and wanted to work it out . This was enough for me to stay and give him a chance as anyways I didn't have anyplace to go I left every one and every thing back when I married lexar hoping he would be my forever but fate wanted a different end for us I guess.

*Maria Randolph aka Ariana's mom picture *