Ch.4.5 Forever complicated

Forever complicated
Ch.4.5

Nathan's pov

Family...such a touchy subject.

Last month, Theo finally asked a question that I can't give him I'm answer to, my family. Where is my family? Why do I never talk about them?

My family has always been complicated...It was already a touchy subject when I was younger.

I find it funny that I have a complete family of my own with Theo when I never really had that.

I was still a kid I'd say that was the last time when I had a complete family.

My dad, Richard was still happily married to my mom, Susan. Then there was my brother and I.

I have an older brother, Alec, by 2 years. He has always been cool but we've never been close, even if he'd let me hang with his gang sometimes.

As we grew older, my parents weren't that close anymore. I never knew why. Until the day I found my mom and another man in the house doing yeah that...

By no means I was shocked and I told Alec. He didn't believe me until he saw it for himself. In a sense, our relationship with our mom got rocky there.

Dad never found out as he was too busy working.

After a few years, it was clear as day my mom was a slut...She did all that behind Dad's back without him knowing. She was still trying to act as if we didn't know a thing.

Then one day we caught her again, Alec and I through that time we confronted her.

Ever since then we never were close to my mom again. She tried to regain our trust but it always failed.

She'd buy me gifts and try to regain her role as a mother but it didn't work.

In a sense, I was already a bad boy younger but it got worse then. I didn't have a mother figure anymore. She was there and she wasn't.

Then she finally gave up on her role as a mother but remained at home.

My parents' relationship was already rocky from then because he never was there.

Then one day she took it a step faster and just straight up left.

All I know is that she lives in France now, through no contact with her.

My dad tried to fill in the role and discipline us, especially me but it failed as I was already getting off rail. Yeah, The bad boy I was.

Eventually, my brother got into college and I just didn't have a relationship with my dad anymore.

It got worse honestly when he found out I liked guys and I kept screwing around.

He wanted to get my act together but I didn't listen to him.

I moved out as soon as I got money and cut off all contact with him.

Not to my surprise, my brother Alec, never went back home. Especially not in those circumstances.

Already he couldn't see me that much because of my cut-off communication with my dad.

Then he found out about my lifestyle and didn't want to talk to me ever again. Of course, I didn't mind I was already a lost cause.

I believe today he is married and has kids. No idea where he is through.

As Theo expressed concern about my family, I did the unthinkable and tried to regain contact with my dad.

Luckily it worked and he agreed to meet me again.

He lives three hours from here and has a girlfriend but I still agreed to come. It's about damn time I reconcile with my dad.