SOLE SUSPECT

Next Monday

I yawned and got up from the bed, going into the bathroom. I undressed and took my bath as I sang joyfully. 

“I’m so in love with you. What can I do without your love? Oh baby…"

After I was done bathing, I decided to wear the outfit Anna bought for me. I changed and cooked breakfast. It took me thirty minutes to eat my food and go to my new office.

I would rather not be late since this was my first day at work.

I went straight to the receptionist, who looked up when she saw me. 

“Good morning, Ms. Copper,” the receptionist said with a smile.

I was shy because of the way the receptionist greeted me. She was the one who informed me about the job offer. 

“Good morning,” I greeted and smiled back at her. She handed me my new employee ID card.

“The boss's office is on the 36th floor and here is your employee ID card.” I took it from her and smiled as I saw my name, picture, and position. This has always been my dream to work here.

“Thank you miss…" I paused because I have no idea of what are name is. 

“I’m Amy,” she said immediately.

“Ok. Hi, Amy, nice to meet you,” I said and we shook hands. 

I made my way to the elevator and it went up. I came out immediately when the elevator opened and was welcomed by the high heels' woman.

“Come this way,” she said and brought me into the office. She gestured to the room, “This is your office.” 

I screamed in my mind as I saw the beautiful place. I began to ask myself if I was a secretary. If this place could be like this, what would the boss office be like?

“And that is Mr. Wesley's office,” she said and pointed at a door that was close to my office.

“Okay. Thanks.” I desperately wanted to see his office. 

She then turned to me, a stern look on her face, and crossed her arms. 

“Now, I have rules, but they are simple,” the woman said, handing a booklet to me.

“Rules?” I asked.

“Yes. Read them and keep them in mind. I’m Mrs. Margaret, by the way,” she added and walked out. Wow. She’s cold. 

I shivered at the thought of Margaret being one of my colleagues before I sat down on the chair designated for me. I was pleased that I finally have work to support my family.

I tested the chair until I was tired and just waited for my boss to come.

A while later, I was getting tired of waiting when I noticed an intense gaze looking at me. I raised my head and saw that my boss was the one looking at me. I stood up in a jiffy.

“Good morning, Mr. Wesley,” I greeted him politely.

“Come to my office,” he stated and went into his office.

I mimic the way my new boss talked and without knowing he saw me. I gasped and pretended to look embarrassed before walking into the office.

I looked around, and I was marvelled by the sight. It was very spacious and was well painted and well arranged.

“Have you met Margaret?” he asked as he sat down behind his desk. 

“Yes sir,” I said.

“And I guess she already told you that I have rules?” he asked bossily.