Chapter Three

When I wake up the next morning, Jaxon has already gone to practice

When I wake up the next morning, Jaxon has already gone to practice. I take my time in the shower, layering myself in my cherry blossom shampoo and conditioner, using the same smelling body wash.

After showering, I change into my tank top and shorts. I fully intend to stay in bed all day, school starts tomorrow, I need a break and school hadn't even started yet. How funny.

I open up my computer and open up Netflix, settling on 'Firefly Lane' season two. I had already wanted season one back home before mom passed, so it felt right to watch it before I start school.

Soon after I start 'Firefly Lane' my eye life start to droop and I slowly slip into sleep.

-

I wake up with a groan, covering my ears. A loud video game plays on the tv, the sound effects almost deafening. "Seriously?" I whisper, sitting up on my bed and looking at Jaxon, who is sitting next to Cole and two other boys.

Cole smiles at me, "Afternoon, Sunshine."

I groan again and cover my face with my hands, "What time is it?"

"4:00." Cole says as he looks over at Jaxon, "We didn't mean to wake you."

"It's fine, I should've gotten up earlier." I get up off my bed and walk to the bathroom.

After I do my business, I enter my room again to notice the two boys gone, leaving Jaxon and Cole. "Where'd your buddies go?" I grab a water from the fridge and down it.

"They went to go eat." Jaxon says as he stands, "which is what we're gonna go do, get dressed."

"I-okay." Why did I stutter? You tell me.

"We'll be out in the hall. Hurry up."

Jeez. I nod and they leave, shutting the door behind them. I search through my clothes before stopping when I get to my favorite thigh length dress. The light brown dress has a sweetheart neckline and sweetheart sleeves that stop mid upper arm. I pair the dress with white crisscross strap chunky heel sandals.

I brush through my hair quickly, making two little braids that stop at the back, and holding them in with bobby-pins.

After grabbing my phone, I exit my room to find both boys standing on the wall. Cole looks me over before nodding, "You look nice, let's go."

Jaxon looks me over but doesn't say anything instead, he starts walking down the hallway with Cole. I speed walk a bit to catch up to them.

"Where are we going?"

"To a local Cafe."

"Oh, that sounds good," Jaxon scoffs and I look over at him, "What's funny?"

"It's just a Cafe, nothing special about it, just cheap food."

"Well, I've lived off of cheap food for 19 years so cheap food is good food."

He rolls his eyes, "Right."