Frustrated Husband

Author's POV:

It's a Sunday, as usual rudra was chatting with Abhi lying on the couch in living room and venu was getting ready before the mirror in living room to meet lahari in her house post lunch. Suddenly calling bell rang. The two friends looked at each other and frowned as in who could come to their apartment, because the helper aunty already came in the morning and finished her work. She even prepared breakfast and lunch for them before going.

Venu went to open the door and smiled upon seeing sekhar uncle but frowned when he saw him standing there with a frustrated look.

"Hello uncle!" Venu chirped in his ever chirping voice. But sekhar didn't give a damn and directly went to the living room and took a seat on the separate single couch beside the one rudra was lying on.

Upon seeing sekhar uncle, no no his soon to be father-in-law, rudra got up and sat properly. Sekhar uncle's face was not happy like they always see. He was angry, furious if they has to say truthfully. Rudra just gulped at seeing him. What if his secret love story with his daughter was not secret anymore. What if sekhar uncle got to know about them and came here to confront him holding his collar. He shook his head to throw out the unnecessary thoughts. He sneakily send a message to abhi that he would talk to her later and put his phone on silent mode for safety.

He was already preparing how to say sorry and a confessing speech about his feelings without getting on sekhar uncle's nerves. He wanted to express his love for sekhar uncle's daughter without offending him.

While he was in his own thoughts venu silently sat beside him and whispered "what happened to your father-in-law, did the news of your love story with his daughter reached him?"

"Don't know, what if it's really that matter." Rudra gulped whispering to venu.

"What would happen. We'll meet again in the heaven when I came there after 80 years." Venu again whispered to rudra making sign of 'you're finished' across his own neck. Rudra's hands started to sweat in anticipation. He visibly paled after listening to venu. He was confident on him being accepted by them till now but at the right time he was losing his confidence.

Venu looked at his friend. Though rudra never got cold feet when discussing a business deal even with the companies of higher standards, now he was infront of his father-in-law right now. His one mistake or bad impression could cost him his girl. So he decided to give support to his friend rather than scaring him more. He gave a firm squeeze on rudra's shoulder and assured him with his eyes saying everything's gonna be alright. Rudra took a long breath and going to start his speech with a sorry when venu beat him and asked sekhar uncle to have water while giving a glass of water which was kept on the coffee table in the middle of couches.

Sekhar uncle took the water glass and gulped all of its contents before placing it back on the table. He released a breath and look at the boys who were nervously looking at him. He thought they were nervous because they never saw him in this mood before. Usually he wouldn't drag matters but today he couldn't control his angry nerves so he had to come here escaping the situation.

"Sorry boys. I was just angry on something." He replied casually like it's nothing. The boys were not sure about what made him this angry.

"What happened uncle?" Rudra asked slowly to know if the matter related to him or not.

"Your Aunty happened." He replied with a straight face.

The boys looked at each other's face and took a breath of relief. Then looked at the man who seated before them.

"You know what your aunty was thinking, she thinks she knows about anything and everything. Being in the home itself she gives the knowledge of world. When she wants something she wouldn't step out of the house, she would call me and order me to bought it." He started his ranting.