Chapter 2: A Dragon Slayer, A Celestial Wizard, A Cat, and A Shadow Monarch

Now within the depths of the forest, Kagari was now walking to get a better look at his surroundings. As he continued to walk, he took notice at how this new place looked very, very similar to Earth. The lush green fields, the large trees, the bodies of water, and the great blue sky above him in the big white clouds.

During that time, he began to ponder on why he was here until Igris gave the hypothesis of Delius using the last of his power to send him to an alternate universe.

His 2 Shadow Marshalls, Igris and Beru were walking behind him as he explored the strange new land.

Kagari's Thoughts: (Hmm, the more I look around here, the more this strange place looks like home...but the Earth is dead, how is this possible...?)

Kagari: Igris.

Igris: Yes, my liege?

Kagari: I believe that your hypothesis was correct about us being transported to an alternate universe by Delius's portal.

Beru: You believe so, my liege?

Kagari: Yes. I can tell that the life in this area has been here for centuries, untouched by the industrial world back in ours.

Igris: Indeed. Along with that, the soldiers have reported that the city outside of this forest is completely different from the highly populated areas in our world before its destruction.

Beru: But my liege, I have a question for you. I hope you answer it.

Kagari: Go ahead, Beru.

Beru: Not that I'm not happy about this situation, but I'd like to know...

Beru: If it is possible, would you return back to our universe, my liege?

Kagari: In all honesty, Beru. I don't really see a point in returning back to our home...

Kagari: Back home, Earth is nothing but a barren wasteland now. Even if earth hasn't been destroyed, there's nothing left to rebuild.

Beru: I understand, my liege.

Igris: I agree. However, my liege. We will eventually come into contact with the humans of this universe as well. It would be for the best if we keep the alternative universe part out of our introductions.

Kagari: Yes. A wise decision, Igris. When that happens, I will pose as a wandering traveler from an far away country.

Kagari's Thoughts: (Even so, I should still be on my guard. There could be people here who can see through my ruse...and I do believe I sense magic here, which means this world could have magic just like mine did.)

Kagari took a sigh.

Beru: Is something the matter, my liege?

Kagari: Oh no, Beru. There's just only a few questions that have been left unanswered...

 There's just only a few questions that have been left unanswered