Just bits

I put the ticket stabs on the floor. I turn back to the box and stare at it anticipating it's contents.

“Lets get this over with" I say before putting my hand into the brown old box, feeling my next item.

The next item feels delicate, so I kneel down and reach into the box to take out a dried indigoletta rose cautiously. I chew the insides of my mouth as my throat completely dries up and tightens.

“Right....” I sigh spreading my legs across the floor and laying the flower on my lap.

A faint sort of sweetness emerges - a bittersweetness scent of
dried flower, an echo of lingering memories and emotions filling the air. A scent like a whiff of perfume escapes, its fragrance now faded and ethereal, but still carrying the memory of a stolen kiss.

“This so boring” Luca said beneath his breath.

“Come on….why are you such a bummer?" I asked annoyedly turning to face his expressionless face and he raised a brow.

"Did I really have to come?” he sulked.

"No one forced you” I shrugged.

"Like I actually had a choice” he averted his stare to Mr Thatcher who was so engrossed in the school trip tour.

“Yeah” I agreed but still this was actually the best day for me. I had been waiting for the trip, for a while now.

“Am pretty sure everyone knows this one. They are Dandelions” Mr Heaths said grabbing Luca's attention.

"Whats the big deal? We see them at school, whats so special about those ones?“ he said sarcastically.

“They are in the greatest botanic gardens in the country so it's obviously a big deal” I said in a duh tone but the real reason for the tone was for him to see this moment from my point of view.

“At least am here with you” he whispered suddenly closer to my ear and I froze in place, my cheeks heating up. His hand found mine.

He chuckled. “You blushing?” he asked amusement evident in his tone.

“N-no” I choked out the words looking away. The funniest part, I could barely look at him.

"Oh wow...“ he said trailing off. I stole a glance and he was looking at me.

“W-what?" gosh I never stammered this bad. Especially with Luca.

"Just admiring my girl who looks a hundred times hotter when she blushes” he winked and my cheeks just heated even more.

“Shhhh, lets pay attention” I shushed him attempting to concentrate and focus.

“This is way too boring. I have a better idea" he said his voice rather naughty and rebellious.

“W-wha..." he cuts me off as he pulls me away from our school tour group and we escape unnoticed. He drags me to some place my mind doesn't even manage to register where. “Luca! What the heck?!" I finally said as we came to a stop.

"Bringing life to this trip” he said mischievously.

“Huh?” I didn't understand his statement until he stepped closer to me. I stepped back and he took two more steps. At the end I found myself pinned to a wall.

“What are you d-doing?” I stummered as he closed the gap between us. He leaned into my ear and I was paralyzed instantly. I couldn't even move a finger.

“Having fun" he then pressed his lips to my ear and I could feel the smile that formed on his lips against my skin.

He pulled away and cupped my cheek, his touch warm and comforting against my skin. As his thumb traced delicate circles, I felt a shiver run down my spine.