Author's note

Can you believe that I created this story only because I really wanted Eda and Serkan to have a fencing duel and Eda to kick his arrogant ass? 

I wanted them to be in an old medieval castle and Eda supposed to be a new girl. But making them a part of some kind of secret organization would be too silly, so I made them university students. 

I didn't want to go with the trope of Eda as a poor, delicate, too-good-for-this-world girl, attracted to a rich, bad boy, asshole Serkan. So I made her into an entitled, spoiled brat, who was forced to undergo inner change because of meeting the love of her life, while Serkan, who wasn't a disgusting womanizer at all, made a very bad first impression, which strongly influenced Eda's view of him.

Then I wrote scenes about Eda rejecting Serkan after their date and pushing him away when he tried to talk with her after, her learning from Fifi that she was wrong about him all along, him finding out about the marriage contract and losing it, and him getting shot on their wedding day, and I went from there, creating the story about two closed off individuals, on the surface strong and indifferent to the world outside but deep inside vulnerable and craving for love.

I'm happy you gave this Eda a chance because, at the beginning, she wasn't a very likable character. Rude, even to her friends and family, self-centered, refusing any help and treating people in her life like objects to do her bidding, but deep down very fragile and scared of life.

And I'm happy you liked this Eda because she is very special to me. She shares some of my interests and character traits, such as my sharp tongue, love of banter, and dark sense of humor.

That being said, I have very good news for anyone who loves these Eda and Serkan as much as I do because it's not the end!

I was so sad to end this story, so when, at the beginning of the summer, I wrote the first scenes of the epilogue, I started to write more of the fluffy married Edser with a little bit of drama but not too much, we won't have gunshots this time, or maybe I will change my mind I as go ;)

The bonus chapters won't be very long. It won't be another long story, but something extra that will allow us not to say goodbye to them yet. How will our happily married couple deal with the arrival of the baby Bolat? How will our obsessed control freak Serkan cope? And Eda proved to be a bit of a control freak with her lists. She used to keep them not to go off the rails, imagine what she could do when the baby arrives :)

But give me some time, it won't be uploaded right away. Probably, I'll be back with this story in a couple of weeks when I estimate the chapter count.

The other good news is that I love this EdSer so much I just can't part with them and I have  in preparations an alternative story about how their lives would look like if Eda's parents hadn't been killed just before their move to London and Serkan's brother would be alive. 

Serkan and Eda will be neighbors there. We will have them as kids, teenagers, and young adults. As I already hinted, some of the events will repeat themselves, especially from the period before they met each other in the Hate Game. But Serkan and Eda won't be so emotionally damaged because their traumas won't involve losing their closest members of the family.

Meanwhile, as you probably already know, I have a new longer story, Heartless. This one is very heartbreaking, but I hope that new and different EdSer will win your hearts too, if you decide to give them a chance.

And in the end, I want to thank you for the time you spent reading and commenting on my stories. I love your comments a lot and always read all of them. They keep me motivated to write, and I'm not going to stop anytime soon. I have so many other long stories in preparation, some in development for over a half year, waiting to be ready, so I only hope you still will be here to read them.

Sending you a lot of love and hugs,

Ola