Shapeshifting Monster Dog

Rory

As soon as I'm dragged outside, I whistle. A giant black dog the size of a horse with red eyes barrels towards us at a rapid pace, with smoke trailing behind him.

These mercenaries haven't seen the dog yet.

I step on Green Eyes' instep, then surprise him with an elbow to the gut, then a knee to his balls. I jump on the giant dog's back, and we take off into the night, away from the men.

It isn't until we are both in the safety of my townhouse that I praise him.
"Good boy, Fin. Thank you for the save," I say, giving him a brief scratch behind one pointed ear.

He transforms back into his human form while I remove my shoes and scrubs at the door.

Finley and is the same age as I am. I saved him months ago when he came into the ER begging me not to let him die. So, I made sure he lived, and since then he has been watching me.

He follows me as I move around to my bedroom to change into one of Fin's large shirts.

"One man was similar to me. I could smell it on him. Why were they trying to take you?" He asks with his arms crossed over his sculpted chest.

His medium brown hair is shaggy, falling into his eyes. Have I mentioned he is butt-naked and sporting a hard-on? I enjoy ogling my sexy roommate.

"I don't know and nor do I want to find out."

I pull out a tub of coffee-flavored ice cream and my bottle of Irish cream liquor. I flash him my Sailor Moon undies before I make us each a bowl and pour a generous helping of the liquor over it.

Yum! My favorite snack after a long day at work.

Fin scoffs at me. "I know who they are. My old team, the team that thinks I'm dead." I'm not sure what to say about that, so I offer him a bowl of my creamy concoction with a spoon.

He takes a bite, then coughs. "What the hell did you just give me?" His nose winkles adorably.

"You will thank me after you eat it all," I sing-song, then give him a wink.

He just gives me that husky chuckle of his. "Probably, but where is my good stuff?" I point to the liquor cabinet with a huff, then move to the couch.

Finley plops down beside me then sits a wet rag on my knee. "For your hand. It's a good thing you heal quickly, you clumsy oaf." His teasing smile falls off his face. "You didn't accidentally turn someone tonight, did you?"

I jolt in shock. "What? No! Of course not! Fin you are the only one I've made into whatever you are now!"

Okay, so I might have fib. I accidentally did turn someone else, but Jericho the sexy wizard came and took him away so I have no idea what happened to him. All I know is that Jericho cryptically said the teenage boy was special.

I felt awful for what I did to Hael when he sucked on my finger due to a paper cut. We were teenagers dating at the time.

He lets out a relieved sigh and all the tension in his body leaks out. "I just had to check. We must be careful not to let someone become like me."

I hum under my breath, knowing he is right. Despite that, I have that unsettling feeling that he isn't the only one I'll turn. There are more men out there who need me and my blood.

We eat our ice cream, and then he goes into his room to put on a pair of shorts and a shirt with the armholes cut out.

I fall asleep while watching my favorite movie curled up against Fin's warm body, but isn't for long.

"What are you doing cuddling with my girlfriend, bruh!?"

Yay! Mick is back. I hate waking up to yelling.