Chapter 5: I Don't Know What I'm Supposed To Do

A couple weeks had passed since that night and Ethan was being included with Val's friends more, not really, but kind of, but they both mainly hung out with his friends.

One night, they were hanging out with Dylan and them when Ethan's mom got a text from someone.

It read, "I know it's been a while since you last heard from me. How's our daughter, Izzy? I promise I'm doing better, I've been clean for eight months now. -Johnny"

She didn't respond to him, but he kept texting, so she finally caved and responded with, "I'm proud of you. And our child is okay. Don't try to get in contact with our child. -Kris" The next couple of weeks, Kris had kept responding to Johnny's texts, but kept it a secret from Ethan because she didn't want him to get hurt all over again especially since he had been happy. Ethan had noticed something was up with his mom, but he didn't say anything because he was too happy with Val and his friends, so he didn't want to ruin that.

         Ethan and Val would cut class sometimes to go smoke in the school bathroom. They would share cigarettes along with joints. They would skip lunch to smoke in the bathroom, or make out, usually both. Ethan loved shotgunning smoke into Val's mouth as they made out. He would take a hit from either a joint or cigarette, kiss Val, then exhale the smoke into her mouth. Val didn't mind him doing this as it made her feel a type of excitement she had never felt with anyone before.

One night, Ethan and Val were at the park swinging on the swings. Ethan looked at Val and stared into her eyes, "Can I tell you something?"

"Of course you can. You know you don't have to ask that," Val responded as she looked back at him. She saw fear in his eyes and she quickly took her hands and wrapped them around his, "What's wrong? Talk to me."
Ethan looked down as he spoke, "I've thought about this for a while, but," he paused. Val began to worry, she learned to assume the worst, so she thought he was breaking up with her, but she let him speak. "Actually, no. I've known this for a while, but I was too terrified to tell you. I don't know if you feel the same or you'll say it back," Ethan spoke. It was at that moment that Val knew it wasn't a break up. "I love you, Val. I've loved you even before we began dating, but I was scared to tell you. I don't ever want to lose you; I can't imagine a life without. You have made me happier than I've ever been and I'm so grateful for you. I love you, Val Reyes. You don't have to say it back obviously, but I needed you to know."  Val had tears forming in her eyes and she looked at Ethan, "I love you too, Ethan Riggs. I can't imagine my life without you either. You are the one person I trust more than anyone, you are the most amazing person I know. You are also the most handsomest. I don't know how I got so lucky to have even met you, but I do love you. I love you so much."

Ethan looked at her with a huge ass smile, "You do?"

"Of course I do, love. I can never love anyone except you," Val said as she stood up, dragging Ethan with her. She kissed him softly.

"I love you so much," Ethan said.

"I love you so much too," Val responded.

That night consisted of them stargazing and constantly complimenting each other.