𝟎𝟎𝟏. 𝐦𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐧

⎯⎯ 𝐣𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑

( 𝗆𝗂𝗅𝗅𝗂𝖾 , 𝗆𝖺𝖽𝗌 )

( 𝗆𝗂𝗅𝗅𝗂𝖾 , 𝗆𝖺𝖽𝗌 )

𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲
there yet?

𝗺𝗮𝗱𝘀
omw, the traffic's bad

𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲
text me pics when u
reach

𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲
i need to make sure
it's in the exact same
condition as it was
when i rented it

𝗺𝗮𝗱𝘀
u want me to go around
clicking photos of every
corner?

𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲
yes

𝗺𝗮𝗱𝘀
ur serious?

𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲
why wouldn't i be????

𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲
i'm paying for it so i
need to know if i'm
getting my money's worth

𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲
and also that orla's friend
didn't scam me

𝗺𝗮𝗱𝘀
ok then

𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲
how does it feel knowing
u have one entire month of
rest awaiting u

𝗺𝗮𝗱𝘀
it's fine

𝗺𝗮𝗱𝘀
good ig

𝗺𝗮𝗱𝘀
nice to know i can catch
my breath without anyone
i know breathing down my
neck

𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲
who knows maybe
u will find someone
to spend ur time with ;)

𝗺𝗮𝗱𝘀
i'm not in the mood
for that

𝗺𝗮𝗱𝘀
just here to relax by
myself, chill by the lake
and stuff

𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲
i don't like this new
celibate lifestyle u've
adopted

𝗺𝗮𝗱𝘀
it's not celibacy what are
u even saying 😭

𝗺𝗮𝗱𝘀
i don't want a stupid
summer fling, that's all

𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲
what if u find a gorgeous
gorgeous man tho

𝗺𝗮𝗱𝘀
i can control myself, mills

𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲
what if ur drunk

𝗺𝗮𝗱𝘀
won't be getting drunk
anywhere outside the
confines of the cottage

𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲
ur no fun

𝗺𝗮𝗱𝘀
stfu

𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲
🙄

𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲
ft me once ur all
settled in, i miss ur
pretty face

𝗺𝗮𝗱𝘀
u got it <3

𝕸adeleine checks the refrigerator and kitchen cabinets to make sure it's all stocked up only to realise that most of it is healthy, proper family dinner food that she'd probably need only on a few days of the week when she's got the motivation to cook for as long as possible.

Sighing, she grabs her phone to order some pizza for lunch, dragging her jumper covered body over to the couch while she surfs through the pizza options on the app.

Touring for the past six months had been a grueling yet exciting experience, she'd visit Millie in New York whenever on break and sometimes pop over to her friends' workplaces — wherever it happened to be at that time of the year.

But travelling for such a long time on a continuous pace had exhausted her so much that she's now grateful for the peace and quiet that the quaint Michigan cottage provides her as she's sat there on the lush sofa ordering food.

Millicent being the eternal worrier that she's always been had surprised her two weeks ago with a proposition that she'd found suspicious at first but then decided to go along with because it's not like she had any plans for summer.

Her sister had booked her a cottage in a homely part of Michigan with the lake close by and asked her if she'd be down for a pleasant summer all alone in a cute little cottage far away from California or Nevada or the hustle and bustle of New York.

It'd been way too tempting to be turned down so naturally, Madeleine had accepted it.

She's glad now for her big sister's nosy and intuitive behaviour because it seems that this is all she's needed for a long while.

Los Angeles, once a favourite place, is now a desolate city of high paced life that reminds her of everything she'd rather forget — or maybe everyone.

Her childhood home will never be the answer to anything anymore ever since her dad decided that ruining Reno and it's meaning for her would be his sole purpose in life.

New York, though her only solace at the moment, would definitely be too chaotic for spending a summer there.

Michigan, she feels, is a stark contrast to everything she's been avoiding.

It's calm and quiet and it just might turn out to be the break she needs.

Who knows, maybe she'll even leave the house sometimes and explore the locality?

That reminds her to make a mental note to visit the nearest grocery store tomorrow to buy her preferred ingredients for lunches and dinners, probably a small junk food haul too.

She places her order on the pizza delivery app and rests her head back against the soft couch, relaxing her legs on the coffee table as she closes her eyes.

Oh, how she's craved this silence.

***
🤭🤭🤭