Chapter 2: Game

I laces up my skates, and eagerly grab my hockey stick, ready for the upcoming game on the ice

I walk over to where Oliver and the rest of the boys are. "You guys ready?" I asks.

"Yup." They all say. 

I look out to see if Quinn is here yet, and of course she is, when she says she's going to be here she always.

I secures my helmet, adjusts my gloves, and gear  up both mentally and physically for the thrilling hockey match ahead.

My adrenaline rushes threw me has I slide onto  the ice with the rest. Feeling the cold breeze from the ice. I exchange nods with my team, and with that the game begins.

The hockey game unfolds with a fast-paced rhythm, echoing the crisp sound of our skates cutting through the ice. I maneuver skillfully, seamlessly passing the puck, my eyes scanning the dynamic play. The crowd roars with each shot on goal, creating an energizing backdrop to the fierce battle happening on the icy canvas.

In the closing minutes, I  seizes a critical moment, expertly maneuvering around defenders and executing a precise shot that finds the back of the net. The arena erupts in cheers as our team secures a thrilling victory, celebrating our hard-fought win on the ice.

I look up into the crowd my eyes meeting with Quinn's. Her brother waves her to come down on the ice. The team skates over there to greet her.

Her brother picks her up and spins her around till she's dizzy.  He sets her back down on the outside of the rink.

"Good job guys." She says with a big smile.

"Thanks sunshine." I say and give her a wink.

"Quinn meet us outside the locker rooms, we'll go out to eat." Oliver says.

We all slide off the ice and head to the locker rooms to get changed.

Once all we change we walk outside the locker room and meet back up with Quinn we all get into the back. Oliver, Kai, and Brayden in the back, Quinn and I in the front.

"That goal was amazing. We owned that game." Kai says.

"The team work was amazing, we deserve a nice meal after that." Brayden says.

"I agree, let's hit the best place to eat." Oliver says.

"Where are we thinking?" I ask.

"How about that new Italian place? I heard it had great food, and it's a nice cozy place." Quinn says.

"Perfect, Italian it is! Oliver, you in?" Kai asks.

"Definitely, I feel like some pasta." Oliver says.

We head to the Italian restaurant, laughter fills the car, I love nights like this.

At the restaurant.