Chapter 33

ARIA

Two weeks later

"Bad, bad boy

Shiny toy with a price

You know that I-"

"Ahem", someone clears his throat.

I look up from my iPad I was writing an email on and discover Lewis, who is looking at me, his mouth twitched.

"Do you have something against Taylor Swift, Mister Cunnan?", I ask him amused.

"I wouldn't dare, Miss Grant", he replies.

"Right answer."

He comes closer to me and leans over to reach my mouth. "I love you", he whispers to me between kisses. "I love you so much, Aria."

"I love you too, Lewis", I say, in the same whisper tone.

He smiles at me and after getting himself a last kiss, he walks over to his desk, and that's when I remember that I forgot to do something.

"Damnit", I let out, standing up and walking over to his office so I can reach the main door. I want to walk out yet he makes me a sign I should come closer. I do as asked and he surprises me with a kiss.

"I forgot your contract with Verge Enterprises", I murmur between kisses. Not the most romantic, but still. "The printer here isn't working. I'll use the one on the hallway."

"But that's two floors away", he counters.

"I'll be fine, Mr. Cunnan", I tease him.

He doesn't seem so happy with me leaving, but after brushing me a new kiss on my lips, he lets me go and I make my way towards the door and to the printer.

Unwillingly.

~

I'm waiting for the documents to print as an unusual sound comes to my ears. Small wheels of a suitcase on the ground. Now, thanks to my job, I've had my fair shares of travels to recognize that sound anywhere. But then again, we're in an office. Not at the airport.

There can't be a suitcase.

Turns out I was right. There is indeed a suitcase.

Walking on the corridor is a girl, probably a sixteen-year-old or so, rolling a huge black suitcase behind her. She's a brunette, probably just a few inches smaller in height than me. She's with her back at me, so I can't recognize much, but I got a feeling I know her from somewhere.

"Mya?", I try my luck.

The girl turns around and a smile spreads on her face. It's indeed her. Mya Cunnan. Lewis' little sister. I can't help but smile back. I haven't seen her in six years. But I've missed her so much. Mya has always been the youngest of my cousins. She's ten years younger than Lewis and seven years younger than me. We used to treat her like the princess of the group. I remember playing Twister with her and telling stories in the evening.

Something about her is more mature now. She still has her blue eyes and many freckles on her face, but something about her gaze. Her posture. The way she stands. Like she knows exactly what she's doing. Fully in control of the situation. All while looking stunning.

"Aria", she lets out, leaving the suitcase to wrap her arms around me. As we let go, I get a better look of her. She is wearing a fancy school uniform, like the ones in Gossip Girl. Checkered skirt, shirt, blazer, knee-high thighs and loafers. Her brown hair is styled with a black headband and her schoolbag hangs on her shoulders.

"What are you doing here?", I ask her, my gaze wondering to her suitcase.

She gets the hint and answers: "Mom and Dad are celebrating their anniversary, and Dad wanted to surprise her with a cruise trip. I'm staying at Lewis'place until they come back."

That explains the suitcase.

"What are you doing here?", she asks me in return.

I have to blush. "I work here."

Mya doesn't seem to believe it. "You work here?!"

"Yeah."

"Are you my brother's assistant?", she continues.

I nod, but a bit more nervous than before.

Mya lets out a squeal, then claps her hands excited. "Oh my Gosh, I can't believe it's you. I want all the details. And don't be afraid to tell me the dirty ones."

I can't help but let out a small chuckle at that. "You know?"

"I mean, Lewis told me he fell in love with someone and that she's his assistant, but I didn't expect it to be you." You can see the excitement on her face. "But I am so happy it is you. I still can't believe it though."

Some footsteps approaching, and as I turn around, I see Lewis in the hallway, staring at us. He looks a bit surprised at first, then a smile grows on his face and he winks at his sister once. "You're early", he adds.

She smirks back at him. "Lukas let me drive. Such a gentleman."

"In this pace you'll end up killing your boyfriend before you marry him", he jokes.

I can't help but smile, yet I look at the ground to hide it. Mya doesn't seem so affected. "Gonna be the single crazy bitch then. Works for me."

Lewis also has to laugh now, before he comes closer and takes her suitcase, leading the two of us to his office.

"Does your assistant answer to me too?", Mya asks all of a sudden.

I stop frozen. Lewis too, and his face gets a bit more serious. "No, she's mine, and I'm not sharing."

Mya raises an eyebrow, partly confused, partly amused. I guess she's still deciding in her head if Lewis meant it as a joke or not. Trust me, I'm doing the same.

"Anyway", she says, stressing out the word. "I need coffee. And company. So, Aria is coming with me."

"Says who?", Lewis teases her, yet I know he already agreed to the two of us hanging out.

"Your favorite sister", she replies.

"You're my only sister", he corrects.

"Another reason for me to be your favorite", she ends. By the smirk on her brother's face, I know she won the argument.

"Be here by five", he says. I can't help the smile on my face. Mya can't help the smirk.

"Sure will", she says, taking me by the arm and leading me in the other way. She's still on the hallway as she shouts: "We'll bring you one of those boring oat milk lattes." Lewis mumbles something like "Yeah sure", while Mya bends closer to me and whispers: "We're not buying him anything. Let's go have fun."

I happy listen to that.