7.

I am so, so nervous. Today I could skip school because the headmistress knows I train at a professional level, but now I'm training with Ye-Jun and to say everything is going wrong is an understatement. I'm messing up our choreography with the choreography I'm learning with Sunghoon. Just like I thought would happen.

Groaning in defeat, I slump down on the rink and stretch my arms out to my legs. I could cry. Why now, when today is the day? I only have a few hours left before Ye-Jun and I perform and this happens.

"What are you doing Dahlia? This is not our routine" Ye-Jun's well-deserved frustration is thrown at me and I shake my head disappointingly. Our coach sighs deeply before entering the rink with his roller skates on as he oversaw our last routine. "He's right, what's going on Dahlia. Last time I saw you, you were Olympic level, now you look like toddlers trying to walk for the first time."

I cannot blame him for talking so sternly, because it's true.

As the lack of sleep has gone to my head, I wipe my arm in front of my face in an attempt to hold back the tears. It's been a rough few weeks and I don't know how much more I can handle. Training here is already so hard and then with Sunghoon and not to mention his super-strict teacher. Clearing my throat, I stand up and dust off my trousers, trying to distract myself.

"I'm sorry, sir. I know my apologies won't help. I'll sort it out, I promise." Already hating myself, a million insults swarm through my head. Try harder, you're not enough. I should never have accepted the deal, but in the end it was my choice and I couldn't let my friends down.

"You'd better, otherwise you won't get anywhere" he says conclusively before skating back to assess our performance and I frown, knowing I'm putting Ye-Jun down too. He skates carefully towards me and takes my hands in his. "Hey, I don't know what's going on, but this is not the Dahlia I know, she's a quick learner and a perfectionist" He squeezes my hand and I smile softly at his little pep talk.

"If there's one thing you can't do, it's fail. Let's take a little break and then slowly redo the choreography. Remember, we are the dream team." He nudges against my shoulder and embraces me slowly as he puts a hand on my head, trying to assure me that we'll be fine. 

I stand still staring at nothing, insulting myself for screwing up and silently insulting Sunghoon for his stupid friends. If I lose this competition, my only dream. I don't know if I can continue ice skating. I would hate to know I failed in front of my coach, Ye-Jun and myself.

Getting a sense of purpose again, I regain my posture and silently thank a still worried Ye-Jun. He keeps resting his hand on my back as we glide forward to get water. The pressure is enormous, but taking a sip of my drink eases my mind a little. Ye-Jun has always been a good skating partner and friend. Off the rink he is a real goofball, on the rink he is serious yet caring. I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have him.

After the coach claps his hands to indicate that we should carry on training, we return to the middle of the rink and go into our positions. This time successfully without mistakes, we complete the routine. Ye-Jun smiles proudly at me and Jun-Young, our coach, claps loudly causing our heads to swivel in his direction. 

"That's more like it! I want you guys to train more and give it your all, in four hours I'll be back and we'll get ready to leave. Don't mess this up. I have faith in you guys." The last sentence raises the corner of my mouth. At least someone.

Sharing a last smile, Jun-Young heads off to deal with some business, while Ye-Jun skates in my direction and lifts me up in a hug, taking me by surprise. "I knew you could do it" he murmurs happily into my neck and I feel a little uncomfortable, but smile it away.