05 | 𝐄𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞, 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐚.

I just realized how bad my writing was so I took great care in writing this chapters and will from now on try to improve my writing so its enjoyable! It's a short chapter but hopefully y'all will enjoy it :D

- not beta read unfortunately!

▂▂▂【𝗘𝗬𝗘𝗦 𝗗𝗢𝗡𝗧 𝗟𝗜𝗘】- 𝗜𝗦𝗔𝗕𝗘𝗟 𝗟𝗔𝗥𝗢𝗦𝗔|𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗬𝗜𝗡𝗚

*
*
*

Ajax and Scara were both taken aback; they hadn't expected Heizou to defend Aether in such a forceful manner.

And they've never seen Xiao so enraged before. Xiao bit his bottom lip harshly as it drew blood as he gripped his fists to the point where they nearly bled. Zhongli rose to his feet and walked over to Xiao, leading him to the bathroom.

Meanwhile, Venti was nearly frozen like a statue, as if he had no idea what had just transpired. Though his expression says it all: he felt nervous and guilty.

Kazuha was especially confused since he couldn't figure out the context. Kazuha sighed as he stared at Scara, his boyfriend.

"What happened to them?" Scara's attention is drawn back to him as the platinum-haired man asks.

"Ah, that..." Scara paused for a bit before continuing, "I'll tell you later, ok?" He explains softly that he didn't want to share Aether's problems without first getting permission.

"So, is your performance cancelled for the day...?" Ajax eventually asked Kazuha. He appeared to be puzzled by the scenario as well.

Kazuha looked over to the ginger and gave him a nervous smile, as he was unsure as well. "I guess so; Xiao and Heizou disappeared, while Venti is also confused about the situation." "Well, I guess they both need time," he stated, as all he could do was smile reassuringly before looking away. Plus, Aether should take more than a month break; he seems worn just now.

Ajax and Scara both nodded, their faces concerned. Kazuha looked across to the braided man, who appeared to be nervous. He decided to get up and walk up to Venti, hoping to ask him about his relationship with Xiao.

After a few minutes, Zhongli returned, informing them that he had told Xiao to return to his dormitory and take a break.

Zhongli's normal pleasant smile had faded, replaced by a frown and furrowed brows; he truly appeared concerned for Xiao.

"I think it's time to say goodbye, Ajax." Zhongli whispered to the ginger, and Ajax simply nodded, agreeing to postpone their normal meetup arrangements for a while as their friends can have some space for themselves.

Scara agreed to the decision because he was already uncomfortable with the situation, especially because both he and Ajax knew how upset Aether was.

"I'll pay for the bill; you and Scara can go now." Zhongli stated as the purple-haired man nodded and stood up to say his thank-yous and goodbyes.

Ajax turned to his boyfriend and stated, "It's quite rare for you to pay for something." Zhongli's solemn voice cut Ajax off: "It's not time to joke, Ajax." The man's usual facade quickly fades, causing the ginger head's eyes to widen in surprise.