𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟸

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
✧ ˚  ·    .
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ• • • ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤKansas City, 2021

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ• • •
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Kansas City, 2021

I would give anything to wake up with the sun on my face again, to be outside and breathe the fresh air of the morning, to hear the sweet songs the birds great the world with. I don't remember that feeling anymore, I don't recognize my younger self chasing the bunnys in the woods, free.

Arthur killed her. He warped his mind to explain anything morally dubious he does as necessary for the salvation of the human race.

There is no such thing as the salvation of the human race. We're all domed, we became savages, monsters, all fighting each other to survive and for what? What is so great that this world could gift us? The motto now is to kill or to be killed. Arthur is not going to find any cure, his delusion and greed is what's going to kill him.

Today, the first thing I saw when I woke up was the dark dusty ceiling above me. I was laying on the hard and uncomfortable brown couch, my left arm was numb beside me and I slowly looked at it to see tiny needle holes pierced inside my inner forearm. Not a new sight for me.

I saw someone moving beside me, their heavy steps making the wooden floor below them creak. It's him.

He grabbed my chin, moving my head left and right to check if this time I bled my ears out, then he started to check my vitals. Same routine every each day.

"How are you feeling today, Jones?" He asked me while checking my pulse. He never called me by my first name.

"Don't feel like puking, same as yesterday, so I take it as a good sign." I answered with a monotone tone, gazing at the ceiling above me, staring at a spider web in the corner.

"It means that it's working." He states and went to the table of the kitchen, starting to look and move around his medical stuff. I managed to see him picking up a vial and a syringe.

Here we go again. I sigh internally. I just woke up and he wants to injected that death sentence again in me? Actually I shouldn't be surprised, that is how my life has been since Tess left our lives. Since he took me from her and ran away with the help of the fireflies.