𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟹

͏ ͏ ͏ ͏͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏
͏ ͏ ͏ ͏͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏
͏ ͏ ͏ ͏͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏
✧ ˚  ·    .
͏ ͏͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏
͏ ͏ ͏ ͏͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏
͏ ͏ ͏ ͏͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏

͏ ͏ ͏ ͏͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏͏ ͏ ͏ ͏͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏͏ ͏ ͏ ͏͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏                                   • • •͏ ͏͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏͏ ͏ ͏ ͏͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏͏ ͏ ͏ ͏͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏Kansas City, 2023

͏ ͏ ͏ ͏͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏
͏ ͏ ͏ ͏͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏
͏ ͏ ͏ ͏͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏
                                   • • •
͏ ͏͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏
͏ ͏ ͏ ͏͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏
͏ ͏ ͏ ͏͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏
Kansas City, 2023

Fuck, he's awake. Let's hope he doesn't kill us all now.

Show's on.

"Eyes on me. Eyes on me." Henry jumped in defense mode when he saw Joel was staring directly at me with anger behind his eyes. I tried not to gulp, his eyes were murderous.

At his comand, Joel turned his gaze on him, his eyes still sending equal rage with his eyebrows deep furrowed, "You don't have to worry about what to say. We don't wanna hurt you. We wanna help you." Henry stated, trying to show him that if they cooperate that no one had to get hurt. On our case it would be us, we don't even have any ammo for God's sake.

"Okay." Joel replied blankly, with a deep and defensive tone.

Shit. He's going to kill us.

"Okay, um...I don't know what the next step is with something like this, but if I lower my gun...we didn't hurt you, so you don't hurt us. Right?" Henry asked with a nervous stance.

Now they are going to think that we are amateurs and take us down when we're least aspect it. We are amateurs though, but now they know it.

"That's right." Joel agreed with that same sharp glare and the same deep 'you're dead' tone.

"That's a weird fucking tone, man." Henry took notice of the underline motive of Joel's words and started to feel more unease.

"That's just the way he sounds, he has an asshole voice. Joel, tell him he's okay." The young girl that I still didn't know the name, quickly jumped in to mediate the situation, with a desperation on her voice to not let Joel agravate more the situation and upset the strangers more.

"Everything is great." Joel's tone was still deep and heavy with misstrust and his eyes were still sending daggers towards Henry.

"Dude." The girl sighed at his reply, she was thinking that they were never going to let her and Joel go now because of his hostile stance.

"We should leave, this was a bad idea." Ember suggested from her position at the door. Her gun was still raised at Joel, in case he tried something.