ᶠᴵᵛᴱ

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ᴰᵉᵈⁱᶜᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿ : ᴷⁱⁿᵍ ᵒᶠ ᵐʸ ᴴᵉᵃʳᵗ ⁻ ᵀᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠᵗ

"Did you hear? Apparently someone told the whole school that Lydia has long black hairs on her nipples," Anya whispers. It was just Kym, Megan, Anya, and Reina today.
"Oh my god ew, how would anyone know?" Kym asks. "Oh, Reina, I heard you and Aaron have each other's numbers now?"
"Oh my word, we're just talking as friends, nothing romantic," Reina clarifies.
"Well, Rabbi Rebecca did call you lovebirds during class," Megan mentions. Anya grinned.
"Aw, Aaron and Reina. They would be so cute!" Anya exclaims. "Especially since Andy is dating Lydia."
"Andy is still the first option, though," Megan reminds the girls. Kym and Anya nod, and Reina pretends to be flushed.
"I wonder if Andy is out here. I haven't seen Lydia anywhere, and maybe Andy is comforting her," Reina wonders. Kym shakes her head.
"Andy seemed pretty grossed out by the rumor, and he went to the bathroom I think," Kym says. "Hey, we should go to the mall today!"
"Oh my god, yes! We can see if the guys wanna go, so we can bring Aaron~" Megan replies, dragging out Aaron's name.
"Okay, but, seriously, you and Aaron would go together perfectly," Anya says. The girls pack up their stuff, since classes are about to start.
"I guess. He's really sweet and funny," Reina rants. Anya and Kym smirks. They are inside now, and going to their lockers. While Reina gets her books, someone taps her on the shoulder. It's Stacy, who's alone without her friends.
"Hey Reina," Stacy says.
"Hi," Reina replies. She's looking in her locker for her books for Algebra, World History, and French Part 2. "You and Lydia still fighting?"
"Yeah, she's being an asshole right now." Then, something clicks in Reina's brain. The texting in Hebrew school. The rumor about Lydia. The fighting. It was all making sense, like putting the pieces to a puzzle together.
"So you were the person who made up rumors about Lydia?" Reina says, calling Stacy out. Kym, Megan, and Anya are behind Reina.
"Well, yea-"
"You know Stacy, I'm trying not to get involved. Whatever is going on with you and Lydia over Andy, the school player, is not going to involve me. Got it?" Reina states, slamming her locker and glaring at Stacy.
"Look, I'm sorry-" Stacy started, but Reina rolled her eyes and shoved past her to go to Algebra.
~
It's the day of another bat mitzvah for Reina. She pulls out a blue sparkly dress from her closet, and slides it on. Her hair is curled, and her makeup is complete. She runs to the car, where her sister and mother are waiting.
"Finally! Now let's hurry, before we're late," Reina's mom says, pulling out of the driveway.
When they get to the bat mitzvah, the three ladies run inside. Reina's mom walks over to Anya's mom to talk, Fleurette goes over to a group of teenage girls, and Reina searches for her friends. She sees Kym, Megan, Anya, and...Lydia?!
"Hey girls. Oh, hey Lydia," Reina says, hugging her friends except Lydia. They all waved to Reina.
"Oh my god, you look so gorgeous!" Kym exclaims. Reina smiles.
"Aaron is gonna think you look so hot tonight," Megan jokes. Reina jokingly shoves Megan, and the four laugh. Lydia looks out of place, since she just stands there. Reina laughs with her friends, and gives a glare to Lydia. Even though Stacy sent that fake confession, Lydia still was in the wrong.
"Guys, let's film a TikTok," Kym suggests, finding someone to record them. She gives some random girl her phone, and everyone lines up. Reina is in the middle, with the rest of the girls surrounding her. Hold me Down by The Happy Fits plays. They pose, blow kisses, and smile at the camera. When the best drops, they start dancing and turning around, laughing. Kym takes her phone back, and thanks the girl. Anya and Reina walk over to the refreshments stand to get drinks.
"So, you and Aaron. How's it going?" Anya asks, pouring a cup of fruit punch. Reina tells her about how he gave her his sweater, and how they got each other's numbers. Anya smirks.
"Omg, you guys are like, totally meant to be. We just need a ship name," Anya squeals. Reina laughs at Anya's enthusiasm, as she sees Andy walk over to Lydia and kiss her. Lydia tenses up, and looks really stiff. Reina and Anya slowly look at each other, and burst out laughing. The group doesn't hear, but the two girls wouldn't care if they did. The two notice that Aaron and Mateo are standing awkwardly behind Andy. Aaron turns around and sees Reina. His eyes widen, and he looks her up and down. Reina doesn't notice, but Anya does. Anya points to Aaron, who is staring at her. Reina gives him a small wave, smiling sweetly. Aaron grins, and waves back. The two look away from each other, Aaron turning to Mateo and Reina turning to Anya.
"Omg!" Anya exclaims, jumping up and down with Reina. The two girls smile brightly at each other.
"I can't believe that just happened!" Reina shouts. They run through the crowd to Kym and Megan, since Lydia left with Andy. Anya tells them what just happened. Kym smirks, while Megan grins.
"Told ya he totally likes you!" Kym claims.
"Okay fine, but I'm not sure if I like him," Reina admits. She has been feeling very weird lately, like her stomach is all in knots when she sees Aaron.
"Just remember, if Andy likes you, date him!" Megan and Kym remind Reina. Almost everyone knows that Kym likes Andy, so Reina wonders why Kym always ships Reina with her crush. Reina shifts uncomfortably in her shoes. She doesn't like getting shipped with Andy, especially since she doesn't like him.

~

Reina stands in front of her older sister's door. She is hesitant to knock. What if Fleur is busy? But, she knocks anyway. Fleurette opens the door.

"What's up Reiny?" Fleurette questions, letting her sister come in.

"I have drama-" Reina starts, sitting on her sister's bed. Fleurette gets off of her phone, and pays full attention to Reina. Reina explains the whole Stacy-pad-Lydia-kissing-Andy situation to Fleurette. She didn't mention any of her fighting with Stacy, or what happened at the bat mitzvah with Aaron.

"Reina, just know that those two girls are extremely stupid for liking a douche. Also, no real friend would laugh at a pad rising to the surface. That is just messed up," Fleurette rants. Reina laughs at the first sentence, and realizes how lucky she is to have an older sibling to guide them. It truly is wonderful.

ᵗ ʰ ᵃ ⁿ ᵏ ˢ ᶠ ᵒ ʳ ʳ ᵉ ᵃ ᵈ ⁱ ⁿ ᵍ 🎀