𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 7
𝙲𝙾𝙽𝚂𝙴𝚀𝚄𝙴𝙽𝙲𝙴𝚂

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Emmett raced over to the girl's side just in time to catch her frail body before it could hit the ground.

"Carlisle! Something's wrong," Emmett panicked as he struggled to remain in control of his thirst in the presence of the blood that oozed from Sabrina's wounds, nose and ears, "Her heartbeat's too soft."

Carlisle was beside them immediately, examining her body.

"She's bleeding internally. A broken rib must've punctured an organ," he deduced from the blood trickling out the side of her mouth, "We need to get them both to the nearest hospital. Now."

Wasting no time, Emmett, Alice and Jasper were off with Sabrina but even as they laid her on a gurney surrounded by at least a dozen doctors and nurses, the girl was losing too much blood and her pulse was growing fainter by the minute, even after all the venom was sucked out of her system.

Amidst the chaotic cacophony of heart monitors, panicked doctors and worried patients, Sabrina's eyes cracked open. Her sea-green irises meeting the sight of the bright white hospital lights, crisp clean sheets and walls and people with surgical masks rushing her away.

And without another thought, she jumped to the first conclusion that popped into her foggy brain: She was back at Old Stones and the doctors had decided that it was time for her "treatments".

Instantly clicking herself into defence-mode, the girl cried out as she violently thrashed against the nurses' holds. Suddenly, it was like no time had passed. All the progress she'd made, all the barriers she'd broken... all undone in that single moment where it felt like she was right back in that dreadful place, strapped down to a chair and plugged into machines that were just waiting to scramble her brain.

Sabrina flailed her arms about in a panic, desperate to break free of the delusion that her brain was creating. And when the doctors pinned down her arms, Sabrina screamed bloody murder; for — despite the lack of actual restraints — all she could feel was the biting cold of a phantom pair of steel handcuffs as they dug into the flesh of her wrists.

Sabrina's mind was in a world of pain, her heartbeat pounding in her ears and her pulse going through the roof. She screamed and screamed until her throat was raw, desperately crying out, begging for them to let her go.

And then everything started to slow down, her vision was crowded by the bright white light above her and then... it exploded. The glass shattered, crumbling to the floor around her like the walls of the perfect little utopian life she'd built for herself in Forks. All shattered by the scars her past had left her with.